CALEXICO, Calif. – U.S. Border Patrol agents assigned to the El Centro Sector arrested an illegal alien Tuesday night with a prior conviction for a sexual assault.
The incident occurred at approximately 9:03 p.m., when agents assigned to the El Centro Station encountered a man who illegally entered the United States 29 miles west of the Calexico Port of Entry. Agents placed the man under arrest and transported him to the El Centro Sector centralized processing center for further processing.
Records checks revealed that the man, a 29-year-old illegal alien from Mexico, previously convicted on May 20, 2015, for CRIMINAL SEXUAL ASSAULT, out of Waukegan, Illinois. The illegal alien was sentenced to 54 months’ prison for his sex crime.
The man was processed criminally for 8 USC 1326, Reentry of Removed Aliens and will be held in federal custody pending his hearing.
In fiscal year 2021, which began Oct. 1, 2020 El Centro Sector Border Patrol agents arrested and/or removed 18 individuals either convicted or wanted on sexual offense charges.
- Get the latest news from the Biden Border Crisis on the Shore News Network’s Biden Border Crisis News page.
- Meth shipments intercepted at U.S. border crossingCALEXICO, Calif. – El Centro Sector Border Patrol agents seized multiple kettlebell narcotics packages in two separate events. The first event occurred Wednesday, at
- Biden propaganda machine caught red handed in DHS release claiming child detention camps empty…they’re notThe Biden Administration was caught red handed on Tuesday flat out lying about the current situation at the Donna, Texas child migrant
- Three dead after human trafficking ship breaks apart on California reefSAN DIEGO — An attempt to smuggle more than 30 people into the United States along the coast of San Diego Sunday turned
- Migrant caravan of 172 from Central America caught attempting to cross borderEDINBURG, Texas – Rio Grande Valley Sector (RGV) Border Patrol agents successfully foil five human smuggling attempts and apprehend 172 migrants. Yesterday
- Drug trafficker caught smuggling $3 million worth of heroin across the borderHIDALGO, Texas—U.S. Customs and Border Protection, Office of Field Operations (OFO) at the Hidalgo International Bridge arrested two men, both United States