WASHINGTON, DC – Detectives from the Metropolitan Police Department’s Homicide Branch are investigating a homicide that occurred on Monday, April 12, 2021 in the 2300 block of Good Hope Court, Southeast.
At approximately 7:33 pm, members of DC Fire and EMS responded to the listed location for the report of a fire. Moments later members of the Seventh District were dispatched to the listed location for reports of a shooting.
arrival, members located one female suffering from a gunshot wound in the parking lot. DC Fire and EMS transported the victim to a local hospital for treatment of non-life threatening injuries. Two additional adult female victims were located suffering from gunshot wounds. One of the victims displayed no signs consistent with life and remained on the scene until transported to the Office of the Chief Medical Examiner. The other victim was transported to a local hospital, and despite all lifesaving efforts, succumbed to her injuries.
The decedents have been identified as 48 year-old Wanda Wright and 32-year old Ebony Wright, both of Southeast, DC.
The Metropolitan Police Department currently offers a reward of up to $25,000 to anyone that provides information which leads to the arrest and conviction of the person or persons responsible for each homicide committed in the District of Columbia. Anyone with information about this case is asked to call the police at 202-727-9099. Additionally, anonymous information may be submitted to the department’s TEXT TIP LINE by sending a text message to 50411.
- Former Treasurer and Comptroller of the Universal Ballet Foundation Pleads Guilty in $1.5 Million Bank Fraud MatterWASHINGTON D.C. – – Sophia Kim, a/k/a “Sophia Kim Sebold” and “Sookyeong Kim Sebold”, 60, the former Treasurer and Comptroller for the
- Two shot while standing in front of D.C. convenience storeWASHINGTON, DC – The safest place in Washington, D.C. these days is behind the wall erected around the U.S. Capitol building. Outside
- DC Warzone: Capitol Heights double shooting caught on videoWASHINGTON, DC – Two people were shot at a gas station convenience store in Capitol Heights Tuesday evening. The shooting, caught on
- D.C. Mayor Joins Left’s Assault on Dancing, Latest to ban DancingWASHINGTON, DC – Washington, D.C. Mayor Muriel Bowser has joined the left’s assault against dancing as the pandemic wanes and liberal politicians
- Man sitting in road killed in hit and run in D.C.Detectives with the Metropolitan Police Department’s Major Crash Investigations Unit seek the public’s assistance in identifying and locating a vehicle sought in