SALINAS, CA – An El Salvadorian immigrant living under California’s immigrant sanctuary laws was able to rape a child multiple times over several years since illegally returning to the country.
Monterey County District Attorney Jeannine M. Pacioni announced today that Monterey County Superior Court Judge Stephanie Hulsey sentenced Fredy Aguilar, age 31 and a resident of Salinas, to forty-five years in prison for committing three counts of forcible rape of a child under 14 years old and one count of child molestation. All the offenses are violent felonies and are considered “strikes” under California’s Three Strikes law.
Jane Doe reported that Fredy Aguilar, a family member, had raped and molested her on several occasions from August 2018 to March 2020. Jane Doe was under 14 years old at the time the rapes started. In March of 2020, the ongoing rapes were discovered during a family party by a family member who walked in. Jane Doe had attempted to stop Aguilar by screaming but he had threatened her and her parents if she screamed.
In addition to the prison sentence, Aguilar will be required to register as a sex offender for life. A restraining order was granted prohibiting Aguilar from contacting Jane Doe for a period of ten years, the maximum term under the law.
The case was investigated by Detective Yolanda Rocha and other officers from the Salinas Police Department. Jane Doe was assisted by District Attorney Victim Advocate Martamaria Rosado.
- Get the latest news from the Biden Border Crisis on the Shore News Network’s Biden Border Crisis News page.
- International cartel drug trafficker arrested at Miami InternationalMiami, FL – Last night, federal law enforcement officers arrested a foreign elected official charged in the United States with drug trafficking, following
- California man arrested for human smugglingYUMA, Ariz. – Yuma Sector Border Patrol agents assigned to the Wellton station intercepted a smuggling attempt along Interstate 8 Thursday morning. At
- Border agents rescue man lost in desert after four days after crossing border illegallyDULZURA, Calif.—U.S. Border Patrol agents rescued a man that had been lost for four days on Wednesday morning. The incident began at
- Two more convicted sex offenders caught trying to re-enter U.S. across borderEDINBURG, Texas – McAllen Border Patrol Station agents arrest two migrants with convictions for sex offenses. Saturday evening, McAllen agents working near
- U.S. Army soldiers rescue two from drowing in Rio Grande crossing borderLAREDO, Texas – Working together, Laredo Sector Border Patrol agents and U.S. Army soldiers assigned in support of U.S. Customs and Border Protection