COLUMBUS, OH – A child has been struck by a stray bullet in Columbus, a city that has been an urban warzone since the start of the new year.
Police said that at around 1:52am, a suspect approached the rear of 90 N. Warren Ave. from the alley. The suspect fired 6 times into the rear of the house.
A 13-year-old victim was in his bedroom when he struck in the lower right portion of his back. He was transported to Nationwide Children’s Hospital in critical condition.
Children being shot in their home by stray bullets is not a problem only in Columbus, but in urban centers across America.
- 5-year-old child shot by crossfire inside his home in Baltimore
- Three teens shot, one killed at home on Martin Luther King Ave. in D.C.
- Man shot up ex-girlfriend’s home, targeting her bedroom
- 10-Year-Old shot while sleeping in bed during a drive-by shooting of his home
There were no witnesses able to provide any additional suspect or suspect vehicle description. Anyone with info is asked to contact Det. Pruitt at 614-645-4141 or Central Ohio Crime Stoppers at 614-461-TIPS(8477).
Get the latest news from Ohio on our Ohio News page.
- Two teens arrested for shooting of 19-year-old Jejuan JonesCOLUMBUS, OH – It took less than a few hours, but Columbus police have made two arrests in the Tuesday night shooting
- Police say body found in woods was city’s 71st murder of 2021COLUMBUS, OH – Gunshots rang out once again in Columbus, killing another black man. This is the 71st murder in the city
- $2 million lottery ticket sold in GallipolisGALLIPOLIS, OH – Mark Stanley of Patriot is enjoying a spring windfall after winning a $2-million annuity prize in the Ohio Lottery’s $20