Detectives with the Metropolitan Police Department’s Major Crash Investigations Unit seek the public’s assistance in identifying and locating a vehicle sought in a traffic fatality resulting from a traffic crash that occurred on Friday, April 23, 2021, in the 900 block of Southern Avenue, Southeast.
Preliminary investigation revealed that at approximately 10:20 pm, the operator of a white commercial van was travelling northbound in the 900 block of Southern Avenue, Southeast. The commercial van struck a pedestrian who was seated on the roadway. The striking vehicle then fled the scene. DC Fire and Emergency Medical Services transported the victim to a local hospital for treatment. After all life-saving efforts failed, the victim was pronounced dead.
The decedent has been identified as 51 year-old James Turner, of Southeast, DC.
- Suspect wanted for D.C. box cutter attackWASHINGTON, DC – Detectives from the Metropolitan Police Department’s Fifth District seek the public’s assistance in identifying a suspect in reference to
- 14-year-old charged for stabbing murder of 46-year-old Louis CheevesWASHINGTON, DC – Detectives from the Metropolitan Police Department’s Homicide Branch have announced an arrest has been made in a homicide that occurred on Sunday,
- D.C. man arrested after child sex abuse investigationWASHINGTON, DC – Detectives from the Metropolitan Police Department’s Youth and Family Services Division and the Federal Bureau of Investigation Child Exploitation
- Former Treasurer and Comptroller of the Universal Ballet Foundation Pleads Guilty in $1.5 Million Bank Fraud MatterWASHINGTON D.C. – – Sophia Kim, a/k/a “Sophia Kim Sebold” and “Sookyeong Kim Sebold”, 60, the former Treasurer and Comptroller for the
- Two shot while standing in front of D.C. convenience storeWASHINGTON, DC – The safest place in Washington, D.C. these days is behind the wall erected around the U.S. Capitol building. Outside