Weare Man Sentenced to 36 Months for Possession of Child Pornography

/

             CONCORD – Stacey Colburn, 45, of Weare, was sentenced on Monday to 36 months in federal prison for possession of child pornography, Acting United States Attorney John J. Farley announced today.

             According to court documents and statements made in court, during an ongoing investigation, investigators identified a specific yahoo.com email address associated with the receipt of child pornography.  The I.P. address for the user of the email address was subscribed to by Colburn at his residence in Weare.  On January 25, 2019, Colburn met with investigators at the Weare Police Department.  He admitted the email address was his and that he was the only individual who accessed the account.

Breaking News:  Dominican National Pleads Guilty to Money Laundering

            After obtaining a search warrant for Colburn’s home and cellphone, investigators seized his laptop and external hard drive, which contained thousands of images and videos of child pornography.

            Colburn previously pleaded guilty on February 24, 2021.  In addition to his prison sentence, Colburn was ordered to pay $21,000 in restitution.   


            “Those who possess child pornography are perpetuating the sexual exploitation of the minors depicted in the images,” said Acting U.S. Attorney Farley.  “In order to protect innocent children from exploitation, we work closely with our federal, state, and local partners to identify and prosecute the criminals who produce, distribute or possess child pornography.”

Breaking News:  Bandera Resident Sentenced to 50 Years in Federal Prison for Possession of Child Pornography

            “With today’s sentence, Stacey Colburn has been held accountable for possessing thousands of images, and more than a hundred videos, that have robbed innocent children of their childhood,” said Joseph R. Bonavolonta, Special Agent in Charge of the FBI Boston Division. “Sadly, this case is one of many that illustrates the FBI’s commitment to working with our law enforcement partners to identify other predators like him and prevent them from victimizing more children.” 

            This matter was investigated by the Federal Bureau of Investigation with assistance from the Weare Police Department.  The case was prosecuted by Assistant U.S. Attorney Anna Krasinski.

            In February 2006, the Department of Justice introduced Project Safe Childhood, a nationwide initiative designed to protect children from online exploitation and abuse.  Led by the United States Attorney’s Offices, Project Safe Childhood marshals federal, state and local resources to better locate, apprehend, and prosecute individuals who exploit children via the Internet, as well as identify and rescue victims. For more information about Project Safe Childhood, please visit www.projectsafechildhood.gov.

Breaking News:  Accountant Sentenced to More Than Eight Years in Prison for Misappropriating $1.1 Million From Employers and Lenders

                           ###

 

Office Hours:

M-F 8:00 am – 5:00 pm

During inclement weather, please check wmur closings/delays

 

Join our Campaign

#CrimeFreeNH

 

Project Safe Childhood

 

Victim Witness Assistance

Making sure that victims of federal crimes are treated with compassion, fairness and respect.


 

Learn More