Sioux City Man Sentenced to Federal Prison for Conspiracy to Distribute Methamphetamine

2 mins read

A Sioux City man who conspired to distribute methamphetamine around the tri-state area was sentenced September 22, 2021 to 10 years in federal prison.

Leroy Eric McCoy, age 39, from Sioux City, Iowa, received the prison term after an April 15, 2021 guilty plea to conspiracy to distribute methamphetamine.

In a plea agreement, McCoy admitted to conspiring to distribute large quantities of methamphetamine around the tri-state area.  McCoy was previously convicted in 2005 of conspiracy to distribute methamphetamine near a private location and possession with intent to distribute methamphetamine.

McCoy was sentenced in Sioux City by United States District Court Chief Judge Leonard T. Strand.  McCoy was sentenced to 120 months’ imprisonment.  He must also serve a 6-year term of supervised release after the prison term.  There is no parole in the federal system.

McCoy is being held in the United States Marshal’s custody until he can be transported to a federal prison.

The case was prosecuted by Assistant United States Attorney Ron Timmons and was investigated by the Tri-State Drug Task Force based in Sioux City, Iowa, that consists of law enforcement personnel from the Drug Enforcement Administration; Sioux City, Iowa, Police Department; Homeland Security Investigations; Woodbury County Sheriff’s Office; South Sioux City, Nebraska, Police Department; Nebraska State Patrol; Iowa National Guard; Iowa Division of Narcotics Enforcement; United States Marshals Service; South Dakota Division of Criminal Investigation; and Woodbury County Attorney’s Office. 

Court file information at

The case file number is 20-4039.

Follow us on Twitter @USAO_NDIA.

Victim Witness Assistance

Making sure that victims of federal crimes are treated with compassion, fairness and respect.


Learn More

Community Outreach

Giving Back to the Community through a variety of venues & initiatives.


Learn More

Americans with Disabilities Act

Filing Civil Rights Complaint.


Learn More