JACKSON TOWNSHIP, NJ – The Jackson Township Public School District has announced it will be closed on Monday due to ‘insurmountable’ COVID-19 related staffing shortages. The district also announced virtual learning for the rest of the week.
A press release from the district:
Due to insurmountable COVID-related staffing shortages that will impact the entire week and anticipated weather conditions for tomorrow, the Jackson School District will now be CLOSED on Monday, Jan. 3, 2022 and will be FULLY VIRTUAL for the remainder of the week.
- For tomorrow only – Monday, Jan. 3 – we will be closed. There will be no virtual learning.
- For the remainder of the week, we will be FULLY VIRTUAL. The virtual learning schedule will mirror the typical school day.
We apologize for the late notice but our situation has changed. Earlier today, our numbers allowed us to transport and educate our students safely. In the hours that have passed since our update this afternoon, we have had a drastic change to the number of staff who will be out due to COVID. Based on those numbers we can not safely open our buildings or transport students to and from school this week.
We have been working to keep our school doors open, but safety has to be our number one priority. We anticipate being able to reopen for in-person learning on Monday, Jan. 10, 2022.
- On Monday, Jan. 3, the district is closed. There is no virtual learning.
- For the rest of this week, students will log on to their Google Meet at the time their school would normally start. Teachers will communicate lessons, activities and instructions. If you have any questions, email your child’s teacher.
- If your child left his or her Chromebook in school, please call your child’s school on Tuesday or email your child’s school and we will make arrangements for you to pick it up.
We will send an update tomorrow with information about meal pickup schedules for Tuesday – Friday for anyone who would like to receive a school lunch or breakfast during our virtual learning days.
When the district is closed, there is no transportation to MATES, PAA, ALPS, Vo-Tech programs or out of district special education schools.