Columbus, OH – On February 5, 2022, at 8:05 pm, officers were dispatched to the 700 block of Gilbert St. on the report of a shooting. Officers arrived at the scene and found the victim suffering from a gunshot wound. Columbus Fire Medic #1 arrived at scene and transported the victim to Grant Medical Center in critical condition. Despite receiving life-saving medical treatment the victim, 24-year-old Lee Mardis Jr. succumbed to his injuries and was pronounced deceased at 9:00 pm. Victim #2 was with Victim #1 at the time of the shooting but was not injured. Anyone with information regarding this incident is asked to call Columbus Police Homicide Unit at (614) 645-4730 email@example.com or Central Ohio Crime Stoppers at (614) 461-TIPS (8477). This is the city’s 11th homicide in 2022.
Latest News from Ohio
- Test Drive Turns into Grand Theft Auto at Columbus Honda Dealer
- July Columbus Murder Suspect Arrested
- Police Seeking Suspect in Critical Shooting in Columbus
- Home Invaders Make Off with Gold Bars, Jewelry in Columbus Robbery
- Woman Harrassed on COTA Bus, Threatened with Death by Unknown Man