FREEHOLD – John Catalano was arrested back in 2019 for charges of distributing child pornography, now he’s ready to face up to 5 years in prison for his crimes.
A Freehold man pled guilty to his role in the distribution of child sexual abuse materials in 2019, announced Acting Monmouth County Prosecutor Lori Linskey.
On Monday, February 9, 2022, John V. Catalano, 36, of Nottingham Way in Freehold, pled guilty to second degree Endangering the Welfare of a Child – Distribution of Child Sexual Abuse Materials, in front of Judge Jill G. O’Malley.
Under the terms of the plea agreement, Catalano faces up to 5 years in New Jersey State Prison with 2-1/2 years mandatory parole ineligibility and mandatory Megan’s Law registration.
Catalano was indicted on September 9, 2019 and charged with one count of second degree Endangering the Welfare of a Child for distributing over 25 images of child pornography and one count of third degree Endangering the Welfare of a Child for possession of child pornography. The Indictments were returned following an investigation by the Monmouth County Prosecutor’s Office Internet Crimes Against Children Task Force.
More Monmouth County News
- Holmdel Police Warn Residents of Vehicle Thefts
- Jersey Shore Man Broke in Dad’s Home to Kill Him, Strangled Aunt
- Asbury Park Rock Gallery a Tourist Draw
- Marlboro Township Police Department Seeks Domestic Violence Response Volunteers
- Deal Road Shut Down After Late Night Crash Takes Down Utility Pole