WILDWOOD, NJ – Do you love those Wildwood days? Well, if you do, then it’s time to watch the tram car, please. That’s because the Wildwood boardwalk trams will no be running 7 days a week.
“The Wildwoods Boardwalk Special Improvement District (SID) has announced the beginning of seven-day operations for the Sightseer Tram Car on the Wildwoods Boardwalk, as well as a full schedule of Free Boardwalk Parades and Fireworks beginning in June,” the city announced today. “The Sightseer Tram Car kicked off the 2022 season on June 2, and is now transporting visitors up and down the Wildwoods Boardwalk seven days a week.”
According to the city, on Thursday through Sunday, the Tram Cars will start at 11 a.m., and on Monday through Wednesday the Tram Cars will start rolling at 4 p.m. Once fully staffed, the Tram Cars will start at 11 a.m. every day.
This year, the tram cars celebrate their 74th birthday, now blasting the iconic phrase, “Watch The Tram Car Please!”
“The Tram Cars are still the best way to travel the nearly three miles of the Wildwoods Boardwalk and experience all the fun and excitement it has to offer,” the city said.
Here are some great events to get to using the tram car this summer in Wildwood:
Barefoot Country Music Fest Fireworks – June 16, 17, 18 & 19:
Launched from the Garfield Avenue Beach at the conclusion of the concert each night.
Wildwoods Boardwalk Friday Night Fireworks – Friday, June 24 through September 2 at 10 p.m.:
Launched from the Pine Avenue Beach. Rain date is Sunday’s at 10 pm.
Wildwoods Boardwalk July 4th Fireworks Spectacular at 10 p.m.:
Launched from the Pine Avenue Beach. Rain date is Tuesday, July 5 at 10 p.m.
Wildwoods Boardwalk Parades – Monday through Thursday, June 27 through September 1 at 7:30 p.m.:
Marching south starting at 16th Avenue to the Wildwoods Convention Center.
- Mondays, June 27 – August 29: Cape Atlantic Irish Pipe Brigade
- Tuesdays, June 28 – August 30: Brass Bands on the Boardwalk
- Original Hobo Band – June 28, July 26, August 9, August 30
- WhoaPhat Brass Band – July 5, August 2, August 23
- Caesar Rodney HS Band – July 12, July 19, August 16
- Wednesdays, June 29 – August 31: Duffy String Band
- Thursdays, June 30 – September 1: Philadelphia Mummers String Bands on the Boardwalk
- Duffy String Band – June 30
- Fralinger String Band – July 7, July 14, July 28, August 11, August 25
- Woodland String Band – July 21, August 4, August 18, September 1
Stay in the know about everything happening on the Wildwoods Boardwalk! Find us online at www.DOOWW.com, on Facebook at Wildwood By The Sea, Instagram wildwood_by_the_sea, and Twitter @DoWildwoodNJ and Tik Tok at DOOWW_NJ.
For additional information about the Wildwoods, visit www.WildwoodsNJ.com or call 800-992-9732.