LAKEWOOD, NJ – Avi Schnall, the New Jersey Director of Agudath Israel of America today applauded Governor Phil Murphy’s massive $50.6 billion budget as it provides some key funding for private schools to benefit frum children in the Lakewood and Five Towns area.
Schnall commended the Governor for including additional funding that will benefit private schools in the Lakewood area.
That includes $3 million extra for private school security funding; $2 million for remedial services for private schools; $3 million extra for private school state homeland security grants; and $2 million for private school transportation.
Agudath Israel of America has been instrumental in lobbying for additional state funding for private schools in recent years. Previously, AIoA helped to increase security funding to $11.2 million and technology funding to $5.4 million.
AIA has also been instrumental in filing lawsuits against Jackson Township Mayor Michael Reina’s administration for violating civil rights against Orthodox Jewish residents in that town.
Shore News Network has been covering the Five Towns NJ, including Lakewood, Brick, Toms River, Jackson and Howell Since 2008! Here’s what else is going on in the 5 Towns NJ area.
- Toms River councilman threatened after termination of politically connected township worker
- Jackson planning board gets shakeup after years of lawsuits
- Ocean County to pay $8.5 million to preserve Bretonwood property from development
- Manchester crash victim flown to trauma center in critical condition
- Man found dead inside car at Lakewood gas station
Read More Five Towns NJ News.