LAKEWOOD, NJ – A Brick Township woman was charged with DWI after a crash in Lakewood. Later, while in police custody, officers said she spit at them.
According to police, on Wednesday. at approximately 1030 pm, officers were dispatched to the area of Brook Road and East County Line Road for a motor vehicle accident without injuries.
“As a result of their investigation at the scene, Officers suspected one of the drivers of being under the influence. Tia Merrill, 25, from Brick, was arrested and charged with Driving while Intoxicated and Reckless Driving,” police said. “During the booking process its alleged that Merrill became uncooperative and refused to enter the holding cell.”
After being placed in the cell, it is alleged that Merrill spat on Officer Laird. Merrill was also charged with Obstruction and Agg Assault on a Police Officer.
The investigation was handled by Officers Laird, Cusanelli and Sgt. Marzocca.
Shore News Network has been covering the Five Towns NJ, including Lakewood, Brick, Toms River, Jackson and Howell Since 2008! Here’s what else is going on in the 5 Towns NJ area.
- Ocean County woman turns 106
- Lakewood community calls for county worker’s job after more than four-year-old skit mocking Jews surfaces
- Animal rescuers battled through filth, feces, and urine to rescue hundreds of cats and dogs
- Police searching for driver who fled the scene after striking distressed pedestrian in roadway
- Brick Township church donates $2500 to buy ballistic vest for police K-9 Diesel
Read More Five Towns NJ News.