‘Worse Than Saigon’: Former Green Beret Rips Biden For ‘Cold-Hearted’ Withdrawal From Afghanistan

1 min read

‘Worse Than Saigon’: Former Green Beret Rips Biden For ‘Cold-Hearted’ Withdrawal From Afghanistan

Harold Hutchison on August 16, 2022

A former Green Beret now serving in the House of Representatives blasted President Joe Biden over last year’s withdrawal from Afghanistan during a Fox News appearance Tuesday.

“I have to tell you, Harris, this was the most cold-hearted thing I have ever seen, ever witnessed in my life from an American official, from a president, and it certainly was the most incompetent withdrawal or military operation,” Republican Rep. Michael Waltz, who served multiple combat tours in Afghanistan, told Fox News host Harris Faulkner.

WATCH:

A suicide bomb attack killed 13 American military personnel during the 2021 withdrawal from Afghanistan, bringing heavy criticism from the families of the victims. The brother of one of the fallen Marines committed suicide earlier this month.

“This was worse than Saigon because at least in Saigon there was a plan to get the people who had stood and fought with us out and got them out to Guam and there wasn’t a reasonable expectation that it was going to follow us home,” Waltz continued. “And we see now that al-Qaeda is back in Kabul.”

A drone strike killed Ayman al-Zawahiri, the leader of al-Qaeda, in Kabul earlier this month.

“The intelligence community is crystal-clear that they fully intend to attack us again, they’re developing the capability to do so, and I for one don’t want to wait until there is another San Bernardino or Pulse nightclub or, God forbid, another 9/11,” Waltz said. “We need to act now.”

The Department of Defense and White House did not immediately respond to requests for comment from the Daily Caller News Foundation.

Content created by The Daily Caller News Foundation is available without charge to any eligible news publisher that can provide a large audience. For licensing opportunities of our original content, please contact [email protected]

Content created by The Daily Caller News Foundation is available without charge to any eligible news publisher that can provide a large audience. For licensing opportunities of our original content, please contact  licensing@dailycallernewsfoundation.org. Read the full story at the Daily Caller News Foundation