New York, NY- A New York City food delivery services driver was able to avoid serious injury after his e-bike caught fire while riding on the sidewalk.
A ring doorbell camera owned by Abdel Musleh showed the delivery driver riding along the sidewalk when smoke began coming from the battery compartment of the bike. Within just a few seconds the entire bike and Battery burst into flames sending hot pieces of metal flying into the street and sidewalk nearby.
The e-bike driver attempted to pull the burning bike away from the nearby building but gave up after the Flames got too hot.
A video of the fire was posted to Reddit.