LAKEWOOD, NJ – A 60-year-old man was found unresponsive after crashing through a fence and into another vehicle in the area of County Line Road and Poplar Street Thursday night. Neighbors heard the loud crash and found the man unresponsive in the driver’s seat.
First responders and police arrived and found the driver appeared to have had a medical episode while driving his vehicle which led to his car veering off the road.
Emergency responders performed CPR on the victim and transported him to the hospital where he was pronounced dead a short time later.
At this time, police did not release the driver’s name, and the incident remains under investigation. The incident happened across the street from the Khal Bais Avrohom shul. The vehicle, which was traveling westbound on County Line Road stopped before reaching the shul.
No pedestrians were injured during the incident.
- Fire near Lakewood reporter’s home appears to be intentional, fire department says
- “Phil Murphy is delusional” shore legislators say as governor says New Jersey prepared for immigrant buses
- Father and son charged for North Wildwood boardwalk burglary
- Man found stabbed to death in Atlantic City hotel room, suspect in custody
- As the weather cools, Lacey Moose Lodge donates blankets, $1,000 to Popcorn Park