SMYRNA, DE – A New Castle man was arrested and charged for a shooting that took place in Smyrna Municipal Park last June. Wyatt Reeves, 18, was charged with possession of a firearm during the commission of a felony, reckless endangerment, theft of a firearm and multiple other charges.
“Smyrna Police detectives, with the assistance of Dover Police and members of the US Marshals First State fugitive task force, arrested a man wanted by both agencies. During the month of December, SPD investigators learned of a shooting incident that occurred in the area of the Smyrna Municipal Park in this past June,” the Smyrna Police Departmetn said.
The incident was not reported in June. Through an investigation, police identified Reeves as the shooter in the incident.
He was into custody without incident at a residence in the 900 block of Tobacco Road in Camden.
Any persons with more information on the shooting incident occurring in June at the Municipal Park are encouraged to contact Smyrna Police Detective Michael Kealty at 302-653-9217.
More News from Delaware
- 15-year-old reported missing in Claymont
- Fatal Motor Vehicle Accident on I-495 in Wilmington Area
- Delaware State Police Issue Gold Alert for Missing Newark Woman, Lisa Flade
- Delaware police issue Gold Alert for missing woman
- New Castle Man Arrested on Felony Gun Charges After Traffic Stop in Frederica