Chicago man charged with murder and attempted murder in Wabansia Avenue shooting

Chicago man charged with murder and attempted murder in wabansia avenue shooting - photo licensed by shore news network.

Chicago, IL – A 26-year-old man has been charged with murder and attempted murder in connection with a deadly shooting last month that left one woman dead and another seriously injured on the city’s Northwest Side.

Police said the suspect, identified as Carlos Marrero, was arrested Tuesday in the 5000 block of North Winchester Avenue.

Marrero was charged after detectives linked him to the September 13 shooting in the 3400 block of West Wabansia Avenue in the 14th District.


Key Points

  • Carlos Marrero, 26, is charged with first-degree murder and attempted murder.
  • The shooting killed a 26-year-old woman and seriously injured a 36-year-old woman.
  • Marrero was arrested Tuesday and will appear in court Thursday for a detention hearing.

Fatal September shooting

Authorities said Marrero and at least one other individual opened fire during the September 13 attack, striking two women. The 26-year-old victim was pronounced dead at the scene, while the second woman, 36, suffered critical injuries and was hospitalized.

Detectives conducted a weeks-long investigation that led to Marrero’s identification and arrest. Police have not confirmed whether additional suspects are being sought.

Court hearing scheduled

Marrero faces one felony count of first-degree murder and one count of attempted first-degree murder. He is scheduled to appear at a detention hearing Thursday at Cook County Criminal Court, located at 2600 South California Avenue.

Officials said no further information was available as the investigation remains active.

Scroll to Top