Long Beach couple charged with torturing and killing 14-month-old daughter

Long beach couple charged with torturing and killing 14-month-old daughter - photo licensed by shore news network.

LONG BEACH, CA – A Long Beach man and his wife have been charged with murder, torture, and assault on a child causing death in connection with the death of their 14-month-old daughter, who died earlier this month.

Prosecutors said the child, identified as Tilly S., was taken to Miller Children’s Hospital on November 7 and placed on life support before succumbing to her injuries.

Following a police investigation, both parents were arrested on November 24 and remain in custody.

Los Angeles County District Attorney Nathan J. Hochman called the case a heartbreaking reminder of the duty to protect children from harm.

Alfredo Muñoz Jr., 39, and Kelly Anelalani Muñoz, 33, each face one count of murder, torture, and assault on a child causing death.

Court documents show arraignment in case number 25LBCF02185 has been continued to December 16 in Department S01 of the Long Beach Courthouse.

Hochman said his office is committed to seeking justice for the young victim and ensuring those responsible are held fully accountable.

If convicted on all charges, each defendant faces a maximum sentence of 32 years to life in state prison. Bail for both was set at $3,030,000.

Scroll to Top