U.S. seizes $500,000 in ransom paid to North Korean hackers, official says

U. S. Seizes $500,000 in ransom paid to north korean hackers, official says - photo licensed by shore news network.

NEW YORK – The United States has seized around $500,000 in ransom paid last year by a hospital in Kansas and others to North Korean cyber attackers, Deputy Attorney General Lisa Monaco said on Tuesday.

Monaco, speaking at a cybersecurity conference at Fordham University in New York, said authorities had returned the stolen funds to victims including the hospital and a medical center in Colorado.

(Reporting by Luc Cohen in New York)

Tagreuters. Com2022binary_lynxmpei6i0na-baseimage

Scroll to Top