BRICK TOWNSHIP, NJ – A woman who was struck and killed after running into traffic on Route 70 near Olden Street lost everything she had in the March forest fire that started in Lakewood and made its way into Brick.
The crash occurred at 7 p.m. on Monday as Kathleen M. Winits, 55, was struck by a car traveling eastbound on Route 70 while crossing the highway. Winits and her husband were staying at the nearby Brick Motor Inn. Witnesses said she ran into traffic and did not use the crosswalk.
- Funnel cloud spotted in Barnegat Bay near Seaside HeightsA video by Josette Lata this afternoon showed a funnel cloud over the Barnegat Bay. A passing storm earlier today brought rain
- Is Ocean County planning to launch newspaper using COVID-19 Federal Aid?TOMS RIVER, NJ – Ocean County Commissioner Joe Vicar last week proposed the idea to use federal COVID-19 funds to launch a
- Charge filed against Toms River Mayor Mo Hill, B.A. Lou Amoroso Alleging Healthcare FraudTOMS RIVER, NJ – Formal charges of public healthcare benefits fraud and official misconduct have been filed against Toms River Mayor Maurice
- Brick Township father, son busted in Walmart cocaine dealBRICK, NJ – A father and son have been arrested and charged after initiating an in-person drug deal between two vehicles in
- Goose killer gets two years of probationOcean County Prosecutor Bradley D. Billhimer announced that on May 5, 2021, Quintin Alec-Manning, 22, of Brick Township, was sentenced by the