NEW YORK, NY – A Brooklyn man has been indicted for raping a woman twice last month and 13-year-old girl last year.
Miguel James, 42, of Brooklyn was charged with first-degree criminal sexual act, second-degree assault, first-degree sexual abuse, second-degree robbery, forcible touching, second-degree rape, endangering the welfare of a child, and related charges. He was ordered held without bail and to return to court on August 10, 2022.
District Attorney Eric Gonzalez said, “This defendant is charged with three horrific and violent sexual offenses, including raping an innocent child and repeatedly sexually assaulting a stranger. We will vigorously prosecute this alleged serial sexual predator to keep the people of Brooklyn safe.”
The District Attorney said that, according to the investigation, on May 27, 2022, at approximately 2 a.m., in the vicinity of St. Marks Avenue near East New York Avenue, the defendant, who was in a car, offered a 52-year-old woman who was walking home a ride. After she declined, the defendant allegedly got out of his vehicle, a black Acura, pushed her to the ground, and forced her to perform a sex act.
“The defendant then got into his car and left the scene, but approximately 15 minutes later, as the victim was walking in the vicinity of St. Marks Avenue and Howard Avenue, the defendant allegedly spotted her, got out of his vehicle, sexually assaulted her again and stole her cell phone,” the DA said. “Later that morning, the victim told a neighbor about the assault and the neighbor called police. The victim was taken to Brookdale Hospital. She was treated for a broken wrist and other injuries.”