LACEY TOWNSHIP, NJ – The Lacey Township ShopRite announced this weekend that an employee has tested positive for COVID-19 and the store is performing standard practices to ensure the safety of all customers.
Here’s the statement released by ShopRite:
The impact the COVID-19 pandemic has had on the community of Lacey Township has been felt by us all. Many of us know a friend, family member or co-worker who has been affected. The same holds true at the ShopRite of Lacey, where a member of our work family – the associates who provide essential services every day – has reported a confirmed case of COVID-19.
You should know that ShopRite is prepared and has implemented the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) recommended protocols to reduce the spread of the virus, including:
· Making sure the diagnosed associate is no longer in the workplace.
· Notifying colleagues who may have been in close contact with the affected associate.
· Implementing deep cleaning procedures including sanitizing all workspaces used by the associate and common areas including high-touch areas throughout the store.
· Promoting social distancing by reducing store occupancy to prevent crowding.
· Placing plexiglass shields by registers to provide a measure of protection to our associates and customers.
· Ensuring all store associates wear face coverings.
· Implementing a temperature monitoring program that checks the temperatures of all associates and vendors as they arrive for work.
To learn more about these measures, please visit http://facts.wakefern.com.
It’s important that you know we remain committed to transparency and we think sharing this information with you is the right thing to do. We also feel it’s important to protect the privacy of our hardworking colleagues; should we learn of additional associates who have been affected, we’ll continue to implement the CDC protocols.
For nearly 75 years, ShopRite has played an important role during times of crisis and, once again, we see our customers – many of whom are also our friends and neighbors – turning to us for the food and supplies they need. While we can’t predict the evolution of this unpredictable challenge that Lacey Township is facing, please know we are doing everything we can to protect the health and safety of our associates and customers while continuing to serve the community we all call home.