Son Stabs Father Multiple Times During Dispute at Mobile Home Park

1 min read

MANCHESTER (via Manchester PD)-On Sunday morning, July 29, 2018, at approximately 7:30 AM, officers from the Manchester Township Police Department responded to the Pine Acres Manor mobile home park located on Route 37 in the eastern section of the township for the report of an unknown disturbance.

Upon arrival, officers located a male, later identified as 46-year-old, Christopher Kenny, lying outside in the street bleeding heavily from his torso area. Shortly after arrival, the officers learned that the male had been stabbed by his 20-year-old son, Sage Kenny during an altercation at their residence.

Both individuals reside in the mobile home park. Christopher was airlifted by medevac helicopter to Jersey Shore University Medical Center in Neptune where he was treated for multiple stab wounds.

Breaking News:  Burglary suspect takes stove, refrigerator and Ring doorbell cam in Philadelphia break-in

During the initial investigation, it was learned that prior to police arrival, the pair were involved in a verbal altercation after Sage Kenny punched the family television and began breaking items around the house. When the elder Kenny confronted his son about his actions, the argument escalated becoming physical.

Both individuals eventually ended up outside in front of the residence where the altercation continued. According to witnesses, while the pair were outside, Sage began yelling at his father telling him that he was going to kill him.

At some point during the physical altercation, Sage Kenny brandished a knife and stabbed his father multiple times in the abdomen, arm, and chest. Despite receiving multiple stab wounds, his injuries do not appear to be life threatening. He is currently in stable condition.

Breaking News:  Absecon driving instructor arrested on Thanksgiving for incident with juvenile

Sage Kenny was arrested at the scene without incident and was taken to Manchester Police Headquarters where he was processed and charged with Attempted Murder, Aggravated Assault, Terroristic Threats, Unlawful Possession of a Weapon, and Possession of a Weapon for an Unlawful Purpose.

The incident in being investigated by Detectives Richard Jupinka and Adam Guker of the department’s Investigations Bureau.

Assisting at the scene were detectives from the Ocean County Sheriff’s Office Crime Scene Investigations (CSI) Unit.  Also assisting were members of the Manchester Volunteer First Aid Squad and Manchester Volunteer Fire Department as well as paramedics from MONOC.

Share your thoughts...