Wilmington, DE – Delaware State Police arrested 27-year-old Donte Wilkie of Landsdowne, PA, on weapon and traffic charges following a traffic stop Saturday morning.
On November 21, 2020, at approximately 9:41 a.m., a trooper on patrol on I-495 northbound observed a grey Dodge Charger traveling northbound in the left lane of I-495 at 106 MPH in a 65 MPH zone. As the trooper was approaching the vehicle from the rear, it made a quick lane change without signaling. A traffic stop was initiated and contact was made with the operator, Donte Wilkie. Upon contact with the operator, a strong odor of marijuana was detected and a criminal investigation ensued. Located in the Charger during the investigation were the following items:
- 1- loaded extended 9mm magazine
- 1- loaded black F&N 9mm firearm
- $2,427.00 in suspected drug proceeds
- Approximately 10.62 grams of marijuana
- 1- large hunting knife
Wilkie was taken into custody without incident and transported to Troop 1 where he was charged with the following crimes:
- Possession of a Deadly Weapon by a Person Prohibited (Felony)
- Carrying a Concealed Deadly Instrument
- Possession of Marijuana (Civil Violation)
- Reckless Driving
- Failure to Signal
- Speeding in Excess of 65mph
- Operating a Vehicle with Window Tint
Wilkie was arraigned in the Justice of the Peace Court #11 and released on his Own Recognizance.