Hudson Man Sentenced to 276 Months for Sexual Exploitation of a Minor

/
Woman looking at cell phone. Woman looking at cell phone message. Woman watching cell phone while working on computer. Woman. Looking at cellphone. Cell phone. Mobile phone. Watching any content on cellphone. Online shopping.

            CONCORD, NEW HAMPSHIRE – Robert Corleto, 43, of Hudson, was sentenced to 276 months in federal prison on Friday for sexual exploitation of a minor, Acting United States Attorney John J. Farley announced today.

           According to court documents and statements made in court, Corleto used a social media account on KIK Messenger to entice and coerce a minor to take images of herself engaging in sexually explicit conduct.  Corleto sent at least one of those images to an undercover officer over KIK Messenger on March 18, 2019.  During the course of the investigation, officers obtained a warrant to search Corleto’s cell phone.  A forensic extraction of the device revealed that Corleto had between 10 and 150 images depicting the victim, as well as other minor children. 

           Corleto previously pleaded guilty on December 18, 2020.  


           “This case demonstrates the dangers that lurk on the internet,” said Acting U.S. Attorney Farley.  “Sadly, there are predators who use the internet to exploit children for their own sexual gratification.  The law enforcement community is working to identify these predators, but parents and the community must also make sure that children understand that they must be careful when using social media.  Thanks to this substantial prison sentence, children will be protected from Mr. Corleto for a long time.”

            “Today’s sentence effectively ends Robert Corleto’s ability to sexually exploit children and underscores our collective commitment to keep our children safe by going after those who seek to exploit their innocence online,” said Joseph R. Bonavolonta, Special Agent in Charge of the FBI Boston Division. “This case illustrates how easy it is for a child to be victimized in the safety of their own home, and the need to talk to them about the steps they should take to safeguard their safety.”

            This matter was investigated by the Federal Bureau of Investigation and the Hudson Police Department.  The case was prosecuted by Assistant U.S. Attorney Anna Krasinski.

             In February 2006, the Department of Justice introduced Project Safe Childhood, a nationwide initiative designed to protect children from online exploitation and abuse.  Led by the United States Attorney’s Offices, Project Safe Childhood marshals federal, state and local resources to better locate, apprehend, and prosecute individuals who exploit children via the Internet, as well as identify and rescue victims. For more information about Project Safe Childhood, please visit www.projectsafechildhood.gov.

Attributions in this article: Map data ©2019 Google, Photo © BigStock Photos. Hand out photos courtesy of reporting agency. Press releases are the intellectual property of the issuing agency or corporation. Please report any photo, copyright or intellectual property violations to news@shorewsnetwork.com.