TRENTON – New Jersey Governor Phil Murphy has announced that as of May 1st, anyone over the age of 16 can get a COVID-19 vaccine.
Murphy’s office has issued the following statement:
Governor Phil Murphy today announced that all individuals ages 16 and older will be eligible to receive a COVID-19 vaccination on April 19 – two weeks ahead of the state’s initial target of May 1. New Jersey’s phased vaccination roll out has successfully administered 4.7 million doses of vaccine to essential frontline workers, educators, high-risk groups, and other eligible adults who live, work, or study in the state. With 1,796,798 adults already fully vaccinated, New Jersey is on track to meet Governor Murphy’s goal of fully vaccinating 4.7 million adults by June 30.
“Over the last several months, our Administration has worked closely with our communities and federal partners to ensure an efficient, accessible, and equitable vaccination program,” said Governor Murphy. “Together, we have administered 4.7 million doses of vaccine and opened more than 750 vaccination sites across the state, with 98.7 percent of all New Jerseyans living within five miles of where they can receive a vaccine. With an expected increase in vaccine allocation from the federal government, coupled with our extensive network of vaccination distribution sites, we can confidently expand our eligibility to all individuals ages 16 and older who live, work, or study in New Jersey on April 19.”
“With increasing supply of vaccine from the federal government, New Jersey has been ramping up the pace of doses administered and adding points of dispensing across the state, allowing us to extend eligibility to all adults sooner than expected,” said New Jersey Health Commissioner Judith Persichilli. “The Department encourages residents to get vaccinated as soon as they have the opportunity.”
- Here’s what else is happening in New Jersey: Get the latest news from New Jersey on our New Jersey News page. You can also check out our Jersey Shore News page for the latest news from the Jersey Shore.
- Pennsylvania Men get 22 years for Salem County Armed Bank RobberyCAMDEN, N.J. – Two Pennsylvania men who robbed a bank in Carneys Point, New Jersey, in July 2018 while brandishing a firearm
- New law signed by Phil Murphy lets you know if there’s lead in your water, but doesn’t fix the problemTRENTON, NJ – A bill signed into law by New Jersey Governor Phil Murphy will now force water companies to let their
- $10,000 winning lottery tickets sold in Clifton, EdisonTwo lottery tickets worth $10,000 each were sold in two separate locations in New Jersey this yesterday. There were two third-tier prizewinning
- Motorcycle rider airlifted after crash in ManchesterMANCHESTER, NJ – On Tuesday, May 11, 2021 at approximately 2:44 pm, officers from the Manchester Township Police Department responded to the
- Two shore juveniles charged for guns, drugs, and a stolen carATLANTIC CITY, NJ – On May 10, 2021, two juvenile males, one in possession of a gun and drugs, were arrested in