BOSTON, MA – The Boston Red Sox have one of the most iconic uniforms in the Major Leagues, minus of course, the New York Yankees. Both teams have stuck with their traditional looks since the beginning of time.
Now, the Red Sox are going to dabble and change it up. Nike and Major League Baseball unveiled the new alternate Jersey and hate combination the team will wear on Patriot’s Day, a uniquely Massachusetts holiday.
Patriot’s Day is coming on April 17th and while the rest of America would argue that it’s not a real holiday, in Boston, it’s the day the city runs the Boston Marathon. The uniform is part of Nike’s “City Connect” series and the league says to look for more to come in other cities around the league.
“They won’t be the only team to unveil a new City Connect uniform, either. Six more teams will wear them this year with the Marlins, White Sox, Cubs, D-backs, Giants and Dodgers joining in later this summer. These uniforms will be worn for multiple seasons and the collection will eventually grow to encapsulate the entire league,” MLB said in a statement.
- Odor and after…who’s that new babyfaced kid on the Yankees?The George Steinbrenner rules of neatly trimmed hair, clean-shaven faces, and no sideburns are still in effect and Rougned Odor learned that
- Oakland A’s finally win a game…then go back to losingOakland, CA – If anyone in Major League Baseball got screwed more than the city of Atlanta in April, it’s the Oakland
- Triple-A baseball team making a move to New Jersey this seasonWhile many in New Jersey are planning their way out of the state, one professional baseball team is trying to make their
- Racist? MLB relocates All-Star game from predominantly black city to predominantly white cityDENVER, CO – Under the flag of social justice, Major League Baseball has moved its 2021 all-star game from a predominantly black
- Boston Red Sox Unveil New Uniform and baseball purists are cringingBOSTON, MA – The Boston Red Sox have one of the most iconic uniforms in the Major Leagues, minus of course, the