LORDSBURG, N.M. – U.S. Border Patrol Agents rescued an eight-year-old unaccompanied minor abandoned in the New Mexico desert.
U.S. Border Patrol Agents from the Lordsburg Border Patrol station received a phone call from a concerned citizen requesting assistance for a group of migrants near Commodore Road in Lordsburg, New Mexico. Lordsburg agents were able to locate the individuals and encountered an adult female with two children. The mother stated that only one of the minor children was her own. She claimed to have found the second child walking aimlessly through the desert by himself.
The area where the agents encountered the group is more than seven miles from the nearest road or residence. All individuals were medically examined at the Lordsburg station by contracted medical personnel and determined to be in good condition. The eight-year-old unaccompanied minor was transferred to the El Paso Sector Central Processing Center pending placement with the department of Health and Human Services, Office of Refugee Resettlement.
“Border Patrol Agents were able to locate and rescue a family and an abandoned child found along the way in a remote desert area in southern New Mexico,” stated El Paso Sector Chief Patrol Agent Gloria I. Chavez. “Thankfully, a mother found the unaccompanied minor and took him in as they made their way through the desert to the border. We find that Transnational Criminal Organizations routinely attempt to smuggle people in groups but often end up abandoning the women and children in remote areas where they are left in great danger and to fend for themselves when they can’t keep up with the group. They are often left with no food or water. I am very relieved to know they are all safe now.”
- Get the latest news from the Biden Border Crisis on the Shore News Network’s Biden Border Crisis News page.
- U.S. Army soldiers rescue two from drowing in Rio Grande crossing borderLAREDO, Texas – Working together, Laredo Sector Border Patrol agents and U.S. Army soldiers assigned in support of U.S. Customs and Border Protection
- 11-year-old immigrant boy rescued after losing consciousness in Arizona desert after crossing borderYUMA, Ariz. – Wellton Border Patrol agents intercepted a group of five migrants in the desert Tuesday morning and found themselves in the
- Two Human Traffickers Heading to prison after leaving Illegal aliens in 100 degree trailerLAREDO, TEXAS – A 28-year-old Laredoan has been ordered to federal prison for conspiring to transport illegal aliens, announced Acting U.S. Attorney
- Border patrol agents stop one million dollars in meth, cocaine and prescription pillsLAREDO, Texas—U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP), Office of Field Operations (OFO) officers intercepted hard narcotics with an estimated street value of
- 2,000 pounds of cocaine intercepted from the Dominican RepublicAGUADILLA, Puerto Rico—Air and Marine Operations (AMO) marine units intercepted Saturday a 25-foot “yola” type vessel in which three men from the