WASHINGTON, D.C. – Police are searching for suspects engaged in an open gun battle on the streets of D.C.
Detectives from the Metropolitan Police Department’s Sixth District seek the public’s assistance in identifying suspects in reference to an Assault with a Dangerous Weapon and an Assault on a Police Officer offense that occurred Thursday in the 5000 block of Benning Road, Southeast.
At approximately 6:10 pm, multiple suspects were engaged in an exchange of gunfire at the listed location. On-duty MPD officers in the area heard the gunfire and responded to the scene. Upon arrival, the suspects fired at the officers. A marked MPD vehicle sustained damage from the gunfire. The suspects then fled the scene. No injuries were reported.
- Suspect wanted for D.C. box cutter attackWASHINGTON, DC – Detectives from the Metropolitan Police Department’s Fifth District seek the public’s assistance in identifying a suspect in reference to
- 14-year-old charged for stabbing murder of 46-year-old Louis CheevesWASHINGTON, DC – Detectives from the Metropolitan Police Department’s Homicide Branch have announced an arrest has been made in a homicide that occurred on Sunday,
- D.C. man arrested after child sex abuse investigationWASHINGTON, DC – Detectives from the Metropolitan Police Department’s Youth and Family Services Division and the Federal Bureau of Investigation Child Exploitation
- Former Treasurer and Comptroller of the Universal Ballet Foundation Pleads Guilty in $1.5 Million Bank Fraud MatterWASHINGTON D.C. – – Sophia Kim, a/k/a “Sophia Kim Sebold” and “Sookyeong Kim Sebold”, 60, the former Treasurer and Comptroller for the
- Two shot while standing in front of D.C. convenience storeWASHINGTON, DC – The safest place in Washington, D.C. these days is behind the wall erected around the U.S. Capitol building. Outside