EAGLE PASS, Texas – U.S. Border Patrol agents assigned to Del Rio Sector arrested a convicted murderer, April 14.
“Our agents are doing a great job handling the increase in apprehensions while remaining focused on capturing these dangerous criminals,” said Del Rio Sector Chief Patrol Agent Austin L. Skero II. “It’s important to remember those who attempt to evade detection do so for a reason.”
Agents assigned to the Eagle Pass Station arrested Luis Alonso Godines-Maldonado, 49, a citizen of Honduras, shortly after he illegally entered the United States. During processing, records checks revealed that Godines-Maldonado was convicted of murder in 2002, and was sentenced to 18 years imprisonment. Godines-Maldonado was most recently removed from the United States in 2017.
As a convicted felon, he faces a charge of 8 USC § 1326 – Re-entry After Deportation, which carries a maximum sentence of up to 20 years in prison.
Since the start of Fiscal Year 2021, Oct. 1, Del Rio Sector Border Patrol agents apprehended 608 illegal aliens with criminal records, a 236 percent increase from the previous fiscal year.
To report suspicious activity call the Del Rio Sector’s toll free number at 1-866-511-8727.
- Get the latest news from the Biden Border Crisis on the Shore News Network’s Biden Border Crisis News page.
- Border patrol agents stop one million dollars in meth, cocaine and prescription pillsLAREDO, Texas—U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP), Office of Field Operations (OFO) officers intercepted hard narcotics with an estimated street value of
- 2,000 pounds of cocaine intercepted from the Dominican RepublicAGUADILLA, Puerto Rico—Air and Marine Operations (AMO) marine units intercepted Saturday a 25-foot “yola” type vessel in which three men from the
- 24 Immigrants found in train grain hopperEDINBURG, Texas – Rio Grande Valley Sector (RGV) Border Patrol agents apprehended 24 migrants in a train grain hopper in Robstown, near Corpus
- New York sex offender one of 37 caught in 2021 at San Diego border crossingBOULEVARD, Calif.—U.S. Border Patrol agents arrested a man early Sunday morning who had been convicted of sex crimes in New York. At
- Illegal alien smugglers caught with 462 pounds of cocaine in Puerto RicoAGUADILLA, Puerto Rico – US Border Patrol and the Puerto Rico Police Bureau interdicted Thursday morning a vessel, in which four men from