It’s that time of year in Jackson Township, New Jersey, the celebration of the holidays at one of the world’s best rollercoaster amusement parks, Six Flags Great Adventure.
Here’s what Six Flags is saying about their 2021 event:
Six Flags Great Adventure’s spectacular winter festival, Holiday in the Park, will shine brighter than ever with millions of glittering lights, festive foods, thrilling, new rides, and holiday entertainment. Holiday in the Park Drive-Thru Experience, which debuted in 2020, will return by popular demand. From November 13, 2021 through January 9, 2022, the World’s Ultimate Thrill Park will transform into an eye-popping winter wonderland. This immersive and enchanting holiday experience will offer guests two ways to experience the joy of the holidays. Coordinated sights, sounds, scents, and attractions will give each section a distinct character. The events are included with all active Memberships and Season Passes.
“Holiday in the Park and our Drive-Thru Experience deliver world-class entertainment for all ages and unparalleled thrills that only Six Flags Great Adventure can provide,” said Park President John Winkler. “Both events provide a way for families to enjoy the spirit of the holidays while making lasting memories together.”
Opening for its seventh season, Holiday in the Park will debut new attractions in 2021:
- Festive Fireside – Bathed in a warm red, orange and yellow glow, this new section will boast the triple record-breaking Jersey Devil Coaster, which opened earlier this season. A “hot,” new character, Chris P. Sizzle, will welcome guests with his spicy wit. The park’s Food Services team will turn up with heat with delicious eats at Jersey Devil BBQ and Jersey Devil S’mores;
- Light Shows – Every 15 minutes in Merry Market Place, Merry Light Show trees will come to life as their lights “dance” to a whimsical soundtrack. Nearby, kids can ask Santa Claus for holiday wishes, and pose beneath the three-story inflatable Stewie the Snowman. In Wild Lights National Park, the Wilderness Theater stage will sparkle every 30 minutes during Mrs. Claus’ Wild Lights;
- Winter Wizard – This seasonal sorcerer will join the Royal Court, ready to conjure up frosty charm as he meets guests in Deck the Halls;
- Decking the Halls with Doc Swan – Master illusionist Doc Swan will bring his signature magic and eye-popping surprises to Deck the Halls as he makes the season merry and bright;
- Street Entertainment – Elves are on the loose! Elf Patrol will bring fun and games to the streets, while the Ice Pops elf duo will breakdance their way into guests’ hearts;
- Jersey Devil Coaster & Lil’ Devil Coaster – The theme park recently debuted its fourteenth roller coaster, Lil’ Devil Coaster — the junior counterpart to the massive, new Jersey Devil Coaster. Both rides will be available for Holiday in the Park, weather permitting; and
- Sweet Treats, Proudly Serving Starbucks® — Guests can warm themselves by the fire with a delicious specialty coffee from Sweet Treats, now proudly serving Starbucks.
Signature Holiday in the Park attractions will return, including Frost, an icy cirque spectacular in the Showcase Theatre; Holiday Magic: A Celebration of the Season, an LED light show on the park’s five-story tree; festive fire pits for toasting s’mores; holiday eats like hot turkey platters, seasonal beers, and spiked egg nog; holiday photo opportunities; the Royal Court including Snow Queen, Peppermint Princess, and more; and Joy to the World, a tranquil pathway of warmly lit trees, luminaries, and stained glass showcasing religious holidays from around the world. Six Flags will continue to offer two opportunities to give to those less fortunate. The Holiday Friends plush toy program will donate one adorable plush for every plush purchased, and the Holiday Craze Mirror Maze will give $1 of each pass purchased to local college scholarship foundations.
Holiday in the Park will operate Nov. 13 & 14, 20 & 21, 26 to 28; Dec. 4 & 5, 11 & 12, 17 to 19, 23, and Dec. 26 to Jan. 2.
Holiday in the Park Special Events
Holiday Wine Fest, Nov. 13 and 14 – Guests can enjoy a weekend of coasters, cuisine, and crafters during the second-annual Holiday Wine Fest. During this memorable special event in the Merry Market Place, guests can sample locally produced wines from 12 New Jersey vineyards, scrumptious eats from food trucks and specialty vendors, and get a head start on their holiday shopping with homemade gifts from local artisans. This event has limited capacity and is expected to sell out. For more information and to purchase tickets, please visit https://www.sixflags.com/greatadventure/events/wine-fest
Holiday Food Drive, Nov. 20 and 21 – Six Flags will collect non-perishable food items to benefit Fulfill. Fulfill’s mission is to alleviate hunger and build food security in Monmouth & Ocean Counties and to make sure that all people have access to enough nutritious food to maintain an active and healthy life. Guests who bring at least six items between the hours of 1 and 4 pm will receive a free ticket to the Holiday Craze Mirror Maze. Donations will be collected in the theme park’s outer mall prior to park entry. Requested items include canned goods, cereal bars, fruit cups, individual servings of mac & cheese, baby food, and juice boxes. All items must have their original seal or wrapper, and not require refrigeration. Learn more about Fulfill at www.fulfillnj.org
New Year’s Eve Fireworks – Fireworks and festive music will ring in the New Year Dec. 31 at 9 pm in A Main Street Christmas, free with park admission.
Holiday in the Park Drive-Thru Experience
Returning for its second season, Holiday in the Park Drive-Thru Experience will offer guests – and family pets – a unique way to experience the beauty of one of the world’s largest theme parks from the warmth, privacy, and comfort of their own vehicles. The Drive-Thru Experience will operate select days Nov. 15, 2021 through Jan. 9, 2022. Reservations for this journey are required, and consumer cars, SUVs and pickup trucks are welcome. Large and commercial vehicles are not permitted – exclusions are available on sixflags.com.
The Drive-Thru Experience will debut new attractions in 2021:
- New Course – Guests will experience a new driving pattern to weave them through 10 themed sections, beginning by Kingda Ka and ending near SUPERMAN™ – Ultimate Flight.
- Winter Wizard – The frosty Winter Wizard will join the Drive-Thru Experience. This seasonal sorcerer, the newest addition to the Royal Court, will greet vehicles as they pass through Gingerbread Junction on the way to Joy to the World.
- New Walk-Thru Experience – Guests who wish to extend the fun after their drive through experience can exit their cars to visit Merry Market Place. Dramatic lighting, traditional wreaths and garland, and decorated trees will adorn this section. Holiday Feastival will serve piping-hot holiday fare. Guests can warm themselves by the fire pits and toast s’mores, shop for great stocking stuffer gifts, play holiday games, or sample seasonal beverages from Holiday Spirits. Every 15 minutes, trees will come to life as their lights “dance” to a whimsical soundtrack. Santa and his elves will be on hand for holiday wishes and photos. Pets will be permitted inside Merry Market Place, except for the Holiday Feastival per state regulations.
Holiday in the Park Drive-Thru Experience will operate Nov. 15 to 19, 22 to 25, and 29 & 30; Dec. 1 to 3, 6 to 10, 13 to 16, 20 to 22, 24 & 25, and Jan. 3 to 9.
Six Flags exclusively accepts card and mobile payments including Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Apple Pay, Google Pay and debit transactions. In-park guests can convert cash to a prepaid debit card at one of multiple kiosks located throughout the park. The prepaid card can be used anywhere in the U.S. where VISA is accepted.
Six Flags meets or exceeds federal, state, and local guidelines for COVID-19 safety. Currently, masks are highly recommended for unvaccinated guests. More information about Holiday in the Park and the Drive-Thru Experience is available at www.sixflags.com/greatadventure Rides, entertainment, events are weather permitting.