Florence, South Carolina — A joint team of federal, state, and local law enforcement officers have arrested 16 individuals who have all been charged in federal court for their roles in a conspiracy to distribute and possess with intent to distribute methamphetamine.
The following defendants have been arrested and arraigned on their respective charges related to their alleged roles in the drug conspiracy, and are charged with 500 grams or more of methamphetamine and face a potential penalty of 10 years to life imprisonment:
- Russell Maurice Moses, a/k/a “Hammer,” 33, of Lydia
- Jerry Glenn Brown, a/k/a “Glenn,” 51, of Hartsville
- Richard Bradley Caddell, a/k/a “Brad,” 31, of McBee
- Daniel Joseph Walters, a/k/a “Moonie,” 47, of Patrick
- Ricky Lee Johnson, Jr., a/k/a “Lee Champion,” 32, of Cheraw
- Ashley Lynn Griggs, 33, of Patrick
- Daniel Howard Dixon, a/k/a “DJ,” 27, of Bennettsville
- Russell Dwayne Gause, a/k/a “Rut,” 40, of Cheraw
- Walter Elliott Hodge, 39, of Chesterfield
- Don Edwards Jones, 41, of Hartsville
- Linda Dale Lett, a/k/a “Dale,” 40, of Patrick
- Bryan Drake Melton, a/k/a “Drake,” 38, of Cheraw
The following defendants are charged with 50 grams or more of methamphetamine and face a potential penalty of 5 years to 40 years imprisonment:
- Ryan Cody Roberts, a/k/a “Tune G,” 31, of McBee
- Crystal Renee Dixon, 36, of Darlington
- Jessica Ashley Melton, 36, of Hartsville
- Garrett Tyler Gainey, 29, of McBee
This case is part of an Organized Crime Drug Enforcement Task Forces (OCDETF) investigation. OCDETF identifies, disrupts, and dismantles the highest-level drug traffickers, money launderers, gangs, and transnational criminal organizations that threaten the United States by using a prosecutor-led, intelligence-driven, multi-agency approach that leverages the strengths of federal, state, and local law enforcement agencies against criminal networks. Additional information about the OCDETF Program can be found at https://www.justice.gov/OCDETF.
The case was investigated by the Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA), Chesterfield County Sheriff’s Office, Darlington County Sheriff’s Office, Chesterfield Police Department, Hartsville Police Department, and the Florence County Sheriff’s Office. Assistant U.S. Attorney Lauren Hummel is prosecuting the case.
U.S. Attorney Corey F. Ellis stated that all charges in the indictment are merely accusations and that defendants are presumed innocent unless and until proven guilty.