Medical board moves to boot NJ neurologist

The blue lights of a police car, set upon a blue sky background.

Morris County neurologist suspended as state seeks to revoke medical license

Trenton, NJ – A Morris County neurologist has been barred from practicing medicine after state officials said he violated strict conditions imposed following earlier sexual misconduct, prompting regulators to move to permanently revoke his license.

The New Jersey Office of the Attorney General announced that Jonathan Fellus, a neurologist who primarily practiced at Advanced Neurocare in Randolph, has been temporarily suspended while the State pursues license revocation proceedings. Officials said the action stems from allegations that Fellus failed to comply with a prior consent order designed to protect patients.

According to the Division of Consumer Affairs, Fellus was subject to a 2018 consent order requiring that a chaperone be present whenever he treated female patients. The restriction was imposed as a condition for reinstating his medical license, which had previously been revoked due to an improper relationship with a patient. The order also prohibited social contact with female patients and placed additional limits on his practice.

State investigators allege Fellus attempted to evade the chaperone requirement by falsely claiming he treated female patients at a New York location, where he was permitted to practice without restrictions. Officials also said Fellus contacted female patients and discouraged them from cooperating with investigators who were attempting to verify his compliance with the order.

As part of an interim consent order filed January 14, Fellus agreed to the temporary suspension of his New Jersey medical license while the allegations are reviewed by the State Board of Medical Examiners. The order also bars him from serving as a medical director or supervising any health care practitioner in New Jersey.

Under the suspension, Fellus is prohibited from treating New Jersey residents anywhere, supervising medical staff, or receiving any professional fees connected to medical services in the state after February 4. The interim order remains in effect pending a full hearing and further action by the medical board.

The Attorney General’s Office said the investigation was conducted by the Division of Consumer Affairs, with the case being handled by the Division of Law. Officials emphasized the suspension is intended to protect the public while the disciplinary process continues.


Key Points

  • A Morris County neurologist has been suspended from practicing medicine in New Jersey
  • State officials allege he violated a prior consent order tied to sexual misconduct
  • Regulators are seeking permanent revocation of his medical license
Scroll to Top