Pennsylvania News

Handgun swiped from Wilkes-Barre woman’s bedroom

Wilkes-Barre police investigating theft of handgun from South Sherman Street home

WILKES-BARRE, PA — A handgun reported missing from a South Sherman Street residence has prompted an active investigation after a woman told police her firearm was taken from her bedroom.

The theft was reported on Monday, August 25, at 2:38 p.m., when officers were dispatched to the home. The 30-year-old victim said her SCCY 9mm handgun had been removed from the bedroom sometime within the past two months.

No suspects have been identified, and the investigation into the missing firearm remains ongoing.

Key Points

  • A 30-year-old Wilkes-Barre woman reported her SCCY 9mm handgun stolen Monday afternoon
  • She told police the weapon was last seen about two months ago in her bedroom
  • The theft remains under investigation by Wilkes-Barre police

Continue Reading

Picture of Local News Report

Local News Report

Chris Quigley is a graduate of Stockton State University and began her career at IN Jersey, the online news and media branch of the Asbury Park Press. She also worked at Monmouth Internet, the Ocean Signal Newspaper, and JTOWN Magazine during her career in both content management and operations.