Man charged in Hackensack for sexual assault and child endangerment offenses

Man charged in hackensack for sexual assault and child endangerment offenses - photo licensed by shore news network.

HACKENSACK, NJ – A 42-year-old Hackensack man has been charged with multiple sexual assault and child endangerment offenses following an investigation by the Bergen County Prosecutor’s Office and Hackensack Police Department.

Bergen County Prosecutor Mark Musella announced the arrest of Fernando Sandoval on Wednesday, November 12, after detectives determined he had sexually assaulted a juvenile in Hackensack on more than one occasion over the past year.

Authorities said the incidents occurred between December 21, 2024, and November 2, 2025.

Investigation began after police report earlier this month

On November 6, Hackensack Police contacted the Bergen County Prosecutor’s Office Special Victims Unit regarding allegations of past sexual assault involving a juvenile. An ensuing joint investigation led to Sandoval’s arrest less than a week later.

Detectives said evidence indicated Sandoval repeatedly engaged in unlawful sexual conduct and placed the victim at risk.

Multiple charges filed following joint probe

Sandoval has been charged with second-degree sexual assault, second-degree attempted sexual assault, two counts of third-degree endangering the welfare of a child, and fourth-degree criminal sexual contact.

He was taken into custody in Hackensack and remanded to the Bergen County Jail pending a first appearance in Superior Court.

Prosecutor commends coordination with local police

Prosecutor Musella credited the Hackensack Police Department, led by Chief Michael Antista, for their assistance in the case. He reminded the public that all charges are accusations and that Sandoval is presumed innocent unless and until proven guilty in a court of law.

The Bergen County Prosecutor’s Office said the case remains under investigation.


Key Points

  • Hackensack man charged with multiple sexual assault and child endangerment offenses.
  • Investigation revealed repeated assaults between December 2024 and November 2025.
  • Suspect remains in Bergen County Jail pending court appearance.

Scroll to Top