New Jersey man arrested after online sting targeting child exploitation

Bensalem, PA – A New Jersey man was arrested this week after an undercover investigation revealed he had been communicating online with someone he believed to be a 13-year-old girl, authorities said.

Investigators identified the suspect as Justin Orio, 35, of Oaklyn and Barrington. According to police, Orio began chatting on a social media and dating platform on November 30 with an account he believed belonged to a middle school student. During the exchanges, he made inappropriate comments and requested explicit images. The communication ended but resumed in late December.

On December 29, police said Orio again contacted the same account and attempted to arrange a meeting in Bensalem, Pennsylvania. He described what he wanted to do and said he would drive the teen to his home in New Jersey. However, the “juvenile” was an undercover investigator, and no child was ever involved or in danger during the operation.

After detectives contacted Orio, officials said he admitted to being the person behind the messages. Following the investigation, a warrant was issued for his arrest, and on Wednesday, February 18, 2026, Orio surrendered to the Bensalem Township Police Department.

Facing multiple charges

Orio has been charged with Unlawful Contact with a Minor, Sexual Abuse of Children (related to the possession and exchange of illegal materials), and related offenses. He was arraigned before District Justice Joseph Falcone and taken to the Bucks County Correctional Facility, where he is being held on 10% of $750,000 bail.

Authorities said the case highlights ongoing efforts to identify and apprehend individuals attempting to exploit minors online.

Key points:

  • Justin Orio, 35, allegedly tried to meet who he thought was a 13-year-old online.
  • The account was part of an undercover police operation; no real child was involved.
  • Orio turned himself in and is being held on $750,000 bail.