EAST BRUNSWICK, N.J. – A 26-year-old New Brunswick man was arrested earlier this month on multiple charges, including child luring and violation of probation, as part of an undercover operation targeting alleged online predators, according to public inmate records.
Delpis Reynoso-Castro was taken into custody by East Brunswick police on December 9 in connection with “Operation Bad Santa,” a joint investigation led by the Middlesex County Prosecutor’s Office Internet Crimes Against Children Unit. The operation targeted individuals accused of using social media and messaging apps to arrange meetings with what they believed were underage children.
Castro is not a U.S. citizen, according to jail records.
Court records show Reynoso-Castro faces several charges, including luring or enticing a child by various means under statute 2C:13-6A, two counts of contempt of court, criminal attempt under statute 2C:5-1A(1), and violation of probation or suspended sentence under statute 2C:45-3. He was held without bail on the most serious charges and has cases pending before both municipal and superior courts.
Authorities said the New Brunswick resident was one of twelve men arrested between December 8 and December 15 during the multi-agency sting. The investigation involved the FBI Newark Field Office, East Brunswick Police Department, Homeland Security, and several local law enforcement agencies.
As of the latest records, Reynoso-Castro remains in custody awaiting further court proceedings.
A New Brunswick man was arrested in “Operation Bad Santa” and charged with luring a child, violating probation, and contempt of court, authorities said.
