PORTLAND, OR – On February 19, 2022, at 6:42pm, Central Precinct Officers were dispatched to the 900 Block of Southwest Broadway Drive on a disturbance call. While officers were enroute, they were updated by dispatch that shots had been fired. Central Precinct activated a “shelter in place” order and set up a perimeter. While the incident was being investigated, an officer involved shooting occurred. The subject of the officer involved shooting died at the scene, and no officers were hurt. The shelter in place has since been lifted for area residence at there is no longer believed to be a known danger to the public.
Homicide Detectives are on scene to conduct an investigation. Southwest Broadway Drive will be closed for several blocks in either direction while the investigation is underway.
Chief Lovell has spoken with the Mayor and they are monitoring both tonight’s officer involved shooting, and the shooting near the intersection of Northeast 55th Avenue and Northeast Hassalo Street, where one person was killed and five others were injured by gunfire.
- Woman Found Dead on Eastbank Esplanade
- New Jersey’s 73-year-old criminal ban on pumping your own gas could soon end
- Suspect arrested in Brutal murder of “Tony” Wise in Portland
- Three men face multiple charges after shots were fired at an officer from an eluding vehicle.
- Woman killed, five others shot overnight in Portland