LANCASTER, PA – A homeless man was sentenced to as many as five years in state prison after admitting his involvement in a stabbing that left one man seriously injured in downtown Lancaster.
Luis Antonio Roman-Irizzary, 46, pleaded guilty on October 23 to aggravated assault and criminal conspiracy to commit aggravated assault for his role in the May 2024 attack.
Judge Dennis Reinaker imposed a sentence of two to five years in state prison during a hearing this week in Lancaster County Court.
Prosecutors said Roman-Irizzary provided a knife to his co-defendant, Alvin Serrano, moments before the early morning stabbing.
Attack occurred on North Queen Street
Investigators said the assault happened around 6:30 a.m. on May 20, 2024, in the first block of North Queen Street, where Serrano stabbed the victim in the lower back and head.
Roman-Irizzary later admitted to police that he handed Serrano the knife used in the attack.
Co-defendant previously sentenced in August
Serrano, 43, pleaded guilty in August to aggravated assault, conspiracy, and disorderly conduct. He was sentenced to serve up to 23 months in prison, followed by two years of probation.
An attorney for Roman-Irizzary told the court that mental health issues, substance abuse, and homelessness contributed to his actions.
Case handled by Lancaster County prosecutors
Assistant District Attorney Anthony Gilbert prosecuted the case, which was investigated by Lancaster City Bureau of Police Officer Michael Hagen.
A Lancaster County judge sentenced Luis Antonio Roman-Irizzary to two to five years in prison for supplying the knife used in a downtown stabbing.
