MYRTLE BEACH, S.C. – The Myrtle Beach Police Department is investigating a ShotSpotter alert that prompted a response to the 300 block of Cedar Street Saturday afternoon.
Police said officers were dispatched to the area at approximately 2:32 p.m. after the ShotSpotter system detected possible gunfire. Investigators searched the scene and, as of Saturday evening, no injuries had been reported.
Investigation remains active
Authorities said the investigation is ongoing as officers work to determine what occurred. Additional details about possible suspects, property damage or evidence recovered have not been released.
- Myrtle Beach police are investigating a ShotSpotter alert on the 300 block of Cedar Street.
- No injuries have been reported following the response to possible gunfire.
- Residents can expect an increased police presence as the investigation continues.
Residents and motorists should expect an increased police presence in the area while detectives continue investigating the incident. Officials said more information will be released if it becomes available.
Police ask community for information
Anyone with information related to the incident is encouraged to contact the Myrtle Beach Police Department’s non-emergency line at 843-918-1382.
What prompted the police response? Officers responded after the ShotSpotter system detected possible gunfire in the 300 block of Cedar Street.
Were any injuries reported? No. Police said no injuries had been reported as of Saturday evening.
How can the public provide information? Anyone with information is asked to contact the Myrtle Beach Police Department’s non-emergency line at 843-918-1382.
Sources: Myrtle Beach Police Department Facebook, Myrtle Beach Police Department