VINELAND, N.J. – A 26-year-old Vineland man has been sentenced to 30 years in New Jersey State Prison after pleading guilty to sexually assaulting children and producing child sexual abuse material involving juvenile victims, the Cumberland County Prosecutor’s Office announced Friday.
Christopher Singletary must serve 25 years before becoming eligible for parole under the sentence imposed Friday by Superior Court Judge Joseph M. Chiarello. The case followed an investigation by the Cumberland County Prosecutor’s Office Internet Crimes Against Children Unit that began in November.
The investigation began after a priority CyberTipline report involving suspected child sexual abuse material manufactured in Vineland was forwarded to county investigators by the National Center for Missing & Exploited Children, prosecutors said. Investigators ultimately identified three juvenile victims.
- Singletary received an aggregate 30-year New Jersey State Prison sentence and must serve 25 years before parole eligibility.
- He pleaded guilty to two counts of first-degree aggravated sexual assault and one count of third-degree endangering the welfare of a child.
- Prosecutors said the investigation involved three identified juvenile victims and child sexual abuse material produced in Vineland.
CyberTipline Report Triggered Cumberland County Investigation
The Cumberland County Prosecutor’s Office Internet Crimes Against Children Unit began investigating Singletary on Nov. 18, 2025, according to the prosecutor’s sentencing announcement.
“The investigation began when a priority one CyberTipline report was forwarded to the ICAC Unit by the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children (NCMEC),” the prosecutor’s office said.
That report concerned child sexual abuse material, commonly abbreviated as CSAM, allegedly being manufactured in Vineland. By the following day, investigators had charged Singletary through complaint warrants with numerous offenses involving sexual assault and the production and possession of child sexual abuse material.
Prosecutors said the investigation involved three identified juvenile victims. Singletary, who was 26 at the time of the prosecutor’s announcement, previously lived in Vineland.
A Cumberland County grand jury subsequently returned an indictment on Feb. 11 charging him with two counts of first-degree aggravated sexual assault, three counts of first-degree endangering the welfare of a child involving CSAM and other related offenses.
Plea Agreement Results in 30-Year Prison Sentence
Singletary entered into a negotiated plea agreement on May 20. According to the Cumberland County Prosecutor’s Office, he pleaded guilty to two counts of first-degree aggravated sexual assault in exchange for a 25-year prison term subject to 25 years of parole ineligibility under the Jessica Lunsford Act.
He also pleaded guilty to one count of third-degree endangering the welfare of a child in exchange for a five-year state prison sentence.
“The two first-degree counts will run concurrently to each other, and the third-degree count will run consecutively to the first-degree counts,” the prosecutor’s office said.
That structure resulted in an aggregate sentence of 30 years in New Jersey State Prison. Chiarello imposed the negotiated sentence Friday.
Singletary will be required to serve 25 years before he becomes eligible for parole, according to the prosecutor’s office.
Investigation Began With Report of Material Produced in Vineland
The case originated not merely from possession of illegal material but from a CyberTipline report concerning suspected child sexual abuse material being produced in Vineland, according to prosecutors.
The National Center for Missing & Exploited Children operates the CyberTipline for reporting suspected online child exploitation. In this case, NCMEC forwarded the priority report to Cumberland County’s Internet Crimes Against Children investigators.
Within one day of opening the investigation, authorities charged Singletary with offenses involving the three juvenile victims, prosecutors said. The case proceeded to indictment, a negotiated guilty plea and Friday’s sentencing over the following nine months.
Cumberland County Prosecutor Jennifer Webb-McRae announced the sentence.
How long was Christopher Singletary sentenced to prison?
Singletary was sentenced Friday to an aggregate 30 years in New Jersey State Prison. Prosecutors said he must serve 25 years before becoming eligible for parole.
What crimes did Christopher Singletary plead guilty to?
He pleaded guilty to two counts of first-degree aggravated sexual assault and one count of third-degree endangering the welfare of a child.
How did the investigation begin?
The Cumberland County Prosecutor’s Office said its Internet Crimes Against Children Unit received a priority CyberTipline report from the National Center for Missing & Exploited Children concerning child sexual abuse material being manufactured in Vineland.
Sources: Cumberland County Prosecutor’s Office sentencing release dated Aug. 21, 2026.