The New Jersey vaccination eligibility requirements have been expanded in the state of New Jersey and now, more residents can get vaccinated. There are several options available for residents of Essex County.
If you’re having help finding a vaccine, New Jersey residents have come together to help each other through the process on Facebook. You may want to consider joining the vaccination assistance group on Facebook. It is privately run and not affiliated with any government agency or healthcare providers. It’s just New Jerseyans helping each other.
New Jersey expands COVID-19 vaccinations. Who is eligible?
“Our Administration has worked closely with communities to build an extensive vaccination infrastructure and has opened over 700 vaccination sites across the state,” said Governor Murphy. “We are already averaging approximately half a million shots per week, and with an expected increase in our federal allocation, we are confident we can expand our vaccination program to more of our essential workers and vulnerable populations. Together with our community partners and a steady supply of vaccine from the federal government, we will meet – and exceed – our goal of vaccinating 4.7 million New Jersey adults.”
Who is eligible for a vaccine in New Jersey?
Beginning Monday, April 5, the following groups are eligible for vaccination:
- Individuals ages 55-64;
- Individuals ages 16 and up with intellectual and developmental disabilities;
- Educators, including support staff, in higher education settings;
- Communications infrastructure support, including engineers, and technicians, and members of the press;
- Real estate, building, and home service workers, including construction workers, code officials, plumbers, electricians, HVAC technicians, property management, and maintenance workers;
- Retail financial institution workers, including bank tellers, lending services, public accounting, and check-cashing workers;
- Sanitation workers providing disinfection and janitorial services, city sanitation workers; residential, commercial, and industrial solid and hazardous waste removal workers;
- Laundry service workers, including those working in laundromats, laundry services, and dry cleaners;
- Utility workers including, electrical generation and supply system, natural gas delivery, nuclear power plant, water supply, telephone, cable/fiber/optical/broadband/cellular service workers; and,
- Librarians and support staff at municipal, county, and state libraries.
Where can I get a vaccine in Essex County?
Vaccinations in within the county available through the following healthcare providers and clinic locations:
|Clara Maass Medical Center||rwjbh.org/covid19vaccine|
|East Orange General Hospital||eogh.org|
|Essex County – Essex County College||essexcovid.org|
|Essex County – Sears-Livingston Mall||essexcovid.org|
|Essex County – West Caldwell Tech||essexcovid.org|
|Essex County – Kmart-West Orange||essexcovid.org|
|Hackensack Meridian Health-Mountainside||mountainsidehosp.com/covid19vaccine|
|Jewish Renaissance Medical Center||jrmc.us/|
|Newark Beth Israel Medical Center||rwjbh.org/covid19vaccine|
|Newark Community Health Center||nchcfqhc.org/|
|Newark Community Health Center – Ferry Street||nchcfqhc.org/|
|Newark Community Health Center – East Orange||nchcfqhc.org/|
|Newark Community Health Center – Irvington||nchcfqhc.org/|
|Newark Community Health Center – Orange||nchcfqhc.org/|
|Newark Community Health Center – Ludlow Street||nchcfqhc.org/|
|Newark Department of Health and Community Wellness||newarknj.gov/departments/healthcommunitywellness|
|Nutley Health Department||essexcovid.org|
|Rite Aid Store 01977||riteaid.com/pharmacy/covid-qualifier|
|Rite Aid Store 03697||riteaid.com/pharmacy/covid-qualifier|
|Rite Aid Store 10402||riteaid.com/pharmacy/covid-qualifier|
|Riverside Medical Group||riversidemedgroup.com|
|Riverside Urgent Care||riversidemedgroup.com|
|Riverside Medical Group Pediatrics – Nutley||riversidemedgroup.com|
|Saint James Health Adult Clinic||saintjameshealth.com/|
|Saint Barnabas Medical Center||rwjbh.org/covid19vaccine|
|ShopRite Pharmacy #216||vaccines.shoprite.com|
|ShopRite Pharmacy #225||vaccines.shoprite.com|
|ShopRite Pharmacy Of Livingston||vaccines.shoprite.com|
|Saint Michael’s Medical Center||signupgenius.com/go/10C0D44A4AD2BA3FBCF8-sign2|
|Stop and Shop #0800||stopandshopsched.rxtouch.com/rbssched/program/covid19/Patient/Advisory|
|Stop and Shop #2817||stopandshopsched.rxtouch.com/rbssched/program/covid19/Patient/Advisory|
|Vanguard Medical Group||vanguardmedgroup.com/covid-19-vaccination-information/|
Help! I need help getting a vaccine, what should I do?
If you are having difficulties getting an appointment for vaccination, there are several options.
First, you can visit the website managed by the State of New Jersey. If you are having trouble finding out where to get a vaccine or need an updated list of vaccination sites, visit the state vaccination location page.
You can call your local county Health Department hotline and they can assist you in your search. Many people have found success in contacting their local health department.
There is a group on Facebook that is helping people find and schedule appointments. You can join that group and ask your fellow residents. That group is not managed by any healthcare provider or government agency.
Where can I find vaccine and COVID-19 related news for New Jersey?
Shore News Network provides regular news coverage about COVID-19 vaccinations, COVID-19 testing, COVID-19 news and general news about the pandemic and the response by Governor Phil Murphy and the state of New Jersey
Do I need to keep my COVID-19 Vaccination Card? Is it really a passport?
Governor Phil Murphy referenced the notion of a COVID-19 passport using your CDC issued COVID-19 Vaccination ID card. That card could be used in the future as a requirement to book vacations, attend concerts or sporting events, leaving and entering the country and access to certain government services. Murphy did not elaborate on how that passport will work and said the guidance should come from the CDC, adding that “I support the idea.” As of this publishing there is no law or executive orders, but many private businesses in the travel industry and entertainment industry are requiring proof of vaccination to attend events or use their services.
Latest News from Around New Jersey
- $30,000 lottery ticket sold at Beaufort Food Lion
- Strong sales push Tuesday Mega Millions drawing into top 10 all-time high jackpot list
- Punta Gorda man wins million-dollar lottery jackpot
- Ocala woman wins $2 million on scratch off ticket day before 51st birthday
- $50,000 scratch-off sold at Annapolis Sunoco station
Latest COVID-19 News
- New Jersey students will return 100% to the classroom in September
- Governor Murphy rejects CDC science, will keep New Jersey masked up indefinitely
- Trump: Thanks to my vaccine, Americans no longer need to wear masks
- Angry online mob pressures Governor Murphy to drop mask mandate, end lockdown today
- Pennsylvania immediately adopts CDC policy on masks and the vaccinated
Latest Health and Wellness News
- Connecticut to drop public mask mandate May 19th for vaccinated residents
- Jen Psaki: I’m so happy I don’t have to put my mask back on
- Maryland lifts statewide mask mandate, all capacity restrictions today
- ‘Multiple Sclerosis: Live Your Best Life’ Virtual Webinar to be Held June 3
- Rachel Maddow says she has to rewire herself to not see maskless Americans as a threat