Hegseth cracks down on ‘fat generals’ and lazy troops in sweeping War Department reforms
Quantico, VA – In a fiery address to the nation’s
Quantico, VA – In a fiery address to the nation’s
Woman sentenced for negligent care leading to mother’s death
BLAIR COUNTY, PA – A Pennsylvania woman was sentenced to prison for allowing her wheelchair-bound mother to suffer from neglect, resulting in her death. Colleen Sayegh, 38, received a sentence of 15 months to eight years for guilty pleas on Tuesday for negligent care of a dependent person, according to Blair County Prosecutor Peter Weeks.
Authorities discovered the case after a 911 call was made on July 19, 2022. Responding officers found the victim, Sayegh’s mother, barely responsive at a residence on Mill Hill Road, with severe open wounds and dehydration.
An autopsy revealed that the victim died on July 21, 2022, from sepsis caused by skin infections linked to her living conditions. The complaint noted she had been lying in feces and urine for an extended period.
Investigators later assessed the home and reported it was in deplorable conditions. They documented animal feces scattered throughout the residence and noted a foul odor.
During the investigation, Sayegh stated her mother insisted on returning home from a nursing home after a stroke in February 2021. She acknowledged that she had not bathed her mother for several months and had not taken her to a doctor in over a year.
At sentencing, Sayegh claimed her mother refused treatment for her sores, which Judge Jackie Atherton Bernard rebutted, stating, “we don’t even treat animals like this.” She criticized Sayegh’s neglect, emphasizing the serious nature of the situation.
Peter Weeks confirmed that the prosecution was aided by the efforts of the Pennsylvania State Police and various healthcare providers. He expressed gratitude for those involved, noting it was essential to hold Sayegh accountable for the suffering caused.
Colleen Sayegh will serve her sentence following a severe neglect case that led to her mother’s tragic death.
Mother, boyfriend charged in 12-year-old girl’s death after hiding body for a year
NEW BRITAIN, Conn. — Karla Garcia, 29, has been charged with murdering her 12-year-old daughter, Jacqueline “Mimi” Torres, along with her boyfriend Jonatan Nanita. Local police announced the allegations on Monday night after Torres’ remains were discovered in a container outside an abandoned house.
Torres reportedly suffered prolonged abuse and malnourishment prior to her death. Authorities suspect that she was killed in the fall and that her body was hidden in the family’s basement before being moved after the family relocated to New Britain in March.
“This is one of the worst cases that we’ve had,” said Farmington Police Chief Paul Melanson during a press conference. He stated that the girl’s body was found after police received a tip about suspicious activity at a known abandoned property.
“A caller reported suspicious activity at a known abandoned house,” said New Britain Mayor Erin E. Stewart. Officers discovered the container behind the vacant house, where Torres’ body was found in an advanced state of decomposition.
Authorities believe Nanita was seen dropping off the storage bin containing the remains. Garcia and her sister, Jackelyn Garcia, 28, were arrested on Sunday night, while Nanita was taken into custody on Monday.
Karla Garcia faces multiple charges, including murder and child cruelty, while Nanita faces murder charges along with conspiracy. Jackelyn Garcia is accused of risk of injury to a child and child cruelty.
Torres’ father, Victor Torres, was unaware of her disappearance until January, a significant time after her suspected death. “Our detectives have worked tirelessly to uncover the truth and to bring justice for Jacqueline,” Melanson stated at the press briefing.
Authorities are awaiting the results of the autopsy to determine the cause and manner of Torres’ death. Karla Garcia is being held on a $5 million bond. Jackelyn Garcia is held on a $1 million bond, while Nanita’s court date has not been announced.
This tragic case signals a disturbing end for a young girl whose reality remained hidden from the world.
BROOKLYN, NY – A woman awoke to a nightmare aboard
Funeral directors charged after decomposing bodies found in Texas mortuary
HOUSTON, TX — Two Texas funeral home directors face multiple felony charges after authorities discovered over a dozen decomposing bodies at Richardson Mortuary. The bodies were found in unsanitary conditions, with one reportedly in a “largely liquified” state.
Michael Richardson and Gayle Elaine Bell were taken into custody and charged with three counts each of abuse of a corpse. The charges arose from a probable cause affidavit detailing a witness report to the Houston Police Department.
On Friday, officers responded to a call from a woman regarding potential abuse of a corpse at Richardson Mortuary, located on Brookfield Drive. The woman indicated that her mother had died on March 31, and she had paid over $17,000 for funeral services.
The report states that the woman met with Richardson, who claimed to be the funeral director, and took custody of her mother’s body. In the days leading up to the scheduled funeral on April 12, the woman attempted to contact the funeral home to bring clothing for her mother but was met with refusal.
Upon visiting the funeral home on April 11, the woman discovered her mother in a coffin infested with bugs and noted other bodies in varying stages of decay. The affidavit confirms that the building was unsanitary and open to the elements.
A witness, reportedly the woman’s brother, recorded the conditions within the mortuary and shared the footage on social media. The video portrayed numerous caskets and bodies in a facility undergoing construction.
Following the viral video, families of the deceased gathered outside the mortuary as another company was contracted to transport the bodies to a hygienic facility. The Texas Funeral Services Commission issued a cease and desist order for the mortuary on April 14.
Richardson and Bell are not currently detained, with bond set at $5,000, and they are scheduled to appear in Harris County Circuit Court on October 15. Authorities continue to investigate the situation, and the families of the deceased seek answers.
The shocking case has raised serious questions regarding the standards of care provided at Richardson Mortuary.
WASHINGTON, D.C. – Two teenagers who tried to carjack a
Abigail Spanberger Faces Scrutiny Over Ethics Disclosures in Virginia Governor’s
West Chester couple faces charges for child neglect
WEST CHESTER, PA — Leticia Cox, 59, and Mark Cox Sr., 59, have been arrested for neglecting to provide medical care to their 16-year-old son, according to law enforcement officials. The couple faces several charges after a preliminary hearing, where Judge Lieberman ordered the case to proceed to the Court of Common Pleas.
Leticia Cox is charged with aggravated assault, endangering the welfare of children, recklessly endangering another person, and tampering with evidence. Mark Cox Sr. faces charges of endangering the welfare of children and recklessly endangering another person.
On Monday, April 15, a report was made to ChildLine noting the child’s severe malnourishment and dental issues. The boy was brought to a healthcare office, where he was found to weigh approximately 74.8 pounds and appeared visibly emaciated.
Following the visit, authorities urged the couple to seek immediate medical attention for the child. On Tuesday, April 16, Mark Cox Sr. took the boy to Chester County Hospital, where he was later admitted to Nemours Children’s Hospital. Medical staff classified his condition as a near fatality.
Investigations revealed that although the child was covered by medical insurance, there was no record of him seeing a doctor or dentist before April 15. Both parents were aware of his declining health but did not pursue medical treatment.
Chester County District Attorney Christopher L. de Barrena-Sarobe stated, “These Defendants had every resource available to them.” He emphasized their failure to fulfill their responsibilities to the child.
The Chester County Detectives led the investigation, with assistance from the West Chester Borough Police Department. First Assistant District Attorney Erin O’Brien is assigned to prosecute the case.
This case highlights the importance of reporting child safety concerns.
SPRING HILL, FL – A Hernando County daycare employee has
Newark, NJ – Democratic gubernatorial candidate Rep. Mikie Sherrill is
Brooklyn, NY – A viral video showing members of the
Bayside woman charged in $2.1 million pig butchering scam
QUEENS, NY – Tiffany Yang has been arraigned on charges of grand larceny in the first degree and other related crimes, accused of stealing approximately $2.1 million from 17 victims nationwide through a so-called “pig butchering scam.”
This type of scheme involves scammers establishing relationships with victims under false pretenses, persuading them to invest in fraudulent financial ventures. The FBI’s Internet Complaint Center recorded nearly $6.57 billion in losses from investment scams in the U.S. last year.
Victims were reportedly befriended online and enticed into putting money into fake investments showcased on fraudulent websites. These sites displayed artificial profits to encourage further deposits until victims were locked out as their funds were funneled into accounts associated with multiple shell companies controlled by Yang.
District Attorney Melinda Katz stated, “As alleged, the defendant was part of a scheme that gained the trust of victims across the United States and then lured them into a fraudulent investment opportunity.” Katz emphasized the calculated nature of such scams and noted her office’s Cybercrime Unit’s role in addressing large-scale financial fraud.
Yang, 35, of Bayside, faced a 27-count criminal complaint upon her arraignment on Wednesday. The charges include grand larceny in the first degree and criminal possession of stolen property in the first degree, among others. She was remanded by Criminal Court Judge Maria T. Gonzalez and is scheduled to return to court on November 13.
According to the investigation, one victim interacted with someone claiming to be “Lily List” over Facebook Messenger starting in March 2023. The conversation transitioned to WhatsApp, where the victim was directed to a fraudulent trading platform known as Spread Ex Ltd. They ultimately wired $1,086,244 across 13 transactions, believing they were investing in a legitimate opportunity.
Investigators revealed that funds from the victim’s wire transfers were linked to a JP Morgan Chase account associated with an address in Flushing, New York. This address has been connected to numerous accounts allegedly involved in similar fraudulent activities.
In October, a court-authorized search warrant was executed at Yang’s residence in Bayside, resulting in her arrest for possession of a firearm after authorities found further evidence of fraudulent activity, including forged documentation. Yang was re-arrested for the grand larceny charges on October 7.
Yang’s case is being prosecuted by Assistant District Attorneys from the Cybercrime Unit, with support from the U.S. Department of State.
In a shocking twist, a woman has been charged with orchestrating a massive scheme that targeted victims across the nation.
New Brunswick, NJ – The assassination of Charlie Kirk last
This Bitch Needs to Die – Democrat Scott Semaya. Semaya
JACKSON TOWNSHIP, NJ – A New Jersey council candidate known
EAST RUTHERFORD, NJ – Jack Ciattarelli showed up to the
Plastic bag battle heats up as Mikie Sherrill vows to
Washington, DC – Mikie Sherrill was duly called out by
Barnegat, NJ – Administrators at Barnegat High School issued an
A wave of red, white, and blue is sweeping across
BROOKLYN, NY – Detectives with the NYPD Special Victims Squad
MORRISTOWN, NJ – Never mind the insider stock trades she
Dallas, TX – Two men who distributed fentanyl that caused
NEW YORK, NY – The Real Life Superhero (RLSH) movement,
TRENTON, NJ – A Jersey Cash 5 jackpot worth $1.3
Dansville, NY – New York State Police confirmed that human
Yonkers, NY – A lucky spin turned into history last
Key Points Florence, SC – A South Carolina teaching assistant
Governor slams Chicago Teachers Union tribute to convicted cop killer
Queens, NY – A 67-year-old man was injured Tuesday morning
TRENTON, NJ – The death of fugitive Joanne Chesimard, also
ORLANDO, FL – Florida Attorney General James Uthmeier is taking
NEW YORK, NY – Serena Williams is calling out a
JACKSON, NJ – Small business owner, Chris Pollak, a karate
Dallas, TX – A deadly shooting erupted outside a U.S.
NEW YORK — The U.S. Secret Service has dismantled a
LAWRENCEVILLE, N.J. – A heated exchange over personal finances and
Jacksonville, FL – A Duval County judge has found Samijo
Sacramento, Calif. – The man accused of opening fire on
FORT WASHINGTON, Md. – A 28-year-old woman has been arrested
BRONX, N.Y. – A Bronx man has been indicted on
RYE TWP., Pa. – A 56-year-old man is charged with
NJ Democrats advance climate superfund plan to make fossil fuel
Bentonville, AR – A 20-year-old Arkansas Tech University student has
ABC blasted for romanticizing Charlie Kirk murder suspect’s relationship in
Provo, UT – A man who caused a disturbance during
Bangor, ME – Long before he became a frequent critic
SEATTLE, WA – Amazon has pulled a controversial sweatshirt from
York, PA – A Facebook post from the City of
CAMDEN, NJ – A Camden father is accused of murdering