Man charged with homicide after friend’s death staged as suicide

Man charged with homicide after friend's death staged as suicide

Man charged with homicide after friend’s death staged as suicide

Clarion, PA A 34-year-old man faces criminal homicide charges after allegedly attempting to make the stabbing death of a 45-year-old woman appear as a suicide. Chase Steigerwald is in custody at Clarion County Jail following the death of Rachel Roman, who was discovered on the floor of his apartment on the morning of November 5.

A criminal complaint details that Steigerwald and an unnamed woman were outside his residence when police arrived. Steigerwald claimed they had gone for a walk and found Roman dead upon their return.

The unnamed woman provided police with a conflicting account. She stated that she heard choking noises from the living room and discovered Steigerwald packing a backpack as Roman lay bleeding on the floor.

Surveillance footage revealed the pair leaving the apartment at 5:05 a.m. and returning at 6:38 a.m. Steigerwald reportedly told the woman he intended to stage Roman’s death to look like a suicide.

Upon returning, the woman alleged that she witnessed Steigerwald placing a knife in Roman’s hand to obtain her fingerprints. She also observed him hide methamphetamine in a couch.

Witnesses at a party the night before Roman’s death saw her alive at around 11 p.m. Another witness on a FaceTime call with Steigerwald reported seeing him brandishing a knife and heard him arguing with Roman.

The night of the incident, Roman sent a text at 11:39 p.m., but a response from her coworker at 12:20 a.m. was not delivered, indicating her phone may have been turned off.

Neighbors reported a loud party at Steigerwald’s apartment that stopped around midnight. Steigerwald told police the knife found belonged to him and that he had smoked molly before calling 911 on the morning of November 5.

Blood was found in various locations within the apartment, including the sinks and a dishwashing soap bottle. An autopsy indicated that Roman suffered multiple stab wounds, with a fatal wound to her neck.

Steigerwald was arrested on a drug charge shortly after Roman’s body was found. His homicide charge was filed on Tuesday, resulting in the dismissal of the drug charge. He remains in jail without bond, with his next court appearance scheduled for December 2.

Wisconsin woman pleads not guilty to murdering her children’s father

Yellow law enforcement tape isolating crime scene. Blurred view of city, toned in red and blue police car lights

Wisconsin woman pleads not guilty to murdering her children’s father

Eau Claire, WI A Wisconsin woman entered a not guilty plea on Monday to charges of killing the father of her children with two gunshots. Dakota Bilderback, 29, faces a charge of first-degree intentional homicide in the death of 37-year-old Michael Lee.

The Eau Claire Police Department responded to a 911 call regarding a shooting on August 30 at a residence on Sunset Drive. Upon arrival, officers discovered Lee deceased from gunshot wounds.

Bilderback initially informed the dispatcher that someone was injured and later clarified that Lee had been shot. When asked about the shooting, she stated, “I had to shoot my children’s father. To protect my children.”

Following her Miranda rights, Bilderback disclosed to police that she possessed a firearm due to suicidal ideations but aimed to intimidate Lee. She sent her children upstairs, indicating she wanted to talk with Lee.

Bilderback claimed she held the gun to her head, hoping Lee would assist her, but instead shot him in the face. She stated she fired a second shot to “stop the threat,” according to the affidavit.

Bilderback reported experiencing mental health issues compounded by methamphetamine use. Initially arrested for second-degree homicide, the charge was escalated to first-degree.

A GoFundMe page described Lee as a cherished son and beloved friend, highlighting the impact of his sudden death.

Bilderback remains in the Eau Claire County Jail with a cash bond set at $250,000. Her next court appearance is scheduled for March 12, 2026.

Minnesota man sentenced to 76 years after shooting at police during drug raid

Minnesota man sentenced to 76 years after shooting at police during drug raid

Minnesota man sentenced to 76 years after shooting at police during drug raid

Glendorado Township, MN

Karl Holmberg, 66, has been sentenced to 76 and a half years in prison for shooting at seven police officers during a narcotics search warrant at his home. The incident occurred on October 12, 2023, when officers entered his residence and attempted to engage him.

Holmberg opened fire with a high-powered assault rifle, discharging nearly 30 rounds and injuring five officers. He was found guilty in August of seven counts each of attempted first-degree murder and first-degree assault of a police officer, as well as a charge of possession of methamphetamine.

The officers knocked on Holmberg’s bedroom door before he fired 28 shots, striking one officer in the arm and another in the chest and hip. A third officer sustained injury to his right hand, while two others were protected by their bulletproof vests.

At the time of the incident, Holmberg’s wife was asleep in the home. He reportedly woke her and expressed a belief that it was his “day to die” before engaging police.

During a police interview, Holmberg confirmed he knew officers were present but believed they had no right to enter. Officers returned fire and struck Holmberg in the foot during the encounter.

Attorney General Keith Ellison stated that the case illustrates the dangers law enforcement face in their duties. The Minnesota Attorney General’s Office prosecuted Holmberg.

Texas dad sentenced for infant son’s starvation death

Bars from a prison jail cast a shadow on the floro.

Texas dad sentenced for infant son’s starvation death

Waco, TX District Judge Susan N. Kelly sentenced Charles Devin Harris to 40 years in prison for the death of his 3-month-old son, Jacob Jeremiah Amon Harris. Harris pleaded guilty to charges of injury to a child, endangering the welfare of a child, and possession of methamphetamine.

The sentence requires Harris to serve a minimum of 20 years before becoming eligible for parole. Kelly’s ruling follows a plea agreement in which prosecutors dropped a murder charge against Harris.

Harris’ sentence is similar to the 40-year sentence handed down to the victim’s mother, Skylynn Tuerk. The case centered around an incident on November 29 at the New Road Inn motel in Waco, where the infant was found deceased due to severe neglect.

A welfare check led police to the motel where they discovered Jacob’s lifeless body exhibiting signs of prolonged starvation. A 3-year-old sibling was also found in the motel room, which authorities described as filthy and hazardous.

The investigation into the family’s living conditions was initiated after a report to Child Protective Services raised concerns about Jacob’s weight gain since birth. Witnesses indicated that Tuerk was indifferent to the child’s needs, while Harris reportedly spent time playing video games when assistance was sought.

Upon their arrival at the motel, officers noted a lack of adequate food, with no baby formula available for Jacob. The unsafe environment included accessible knives and harmful conditions posing serious risks to the children.

Florida woman charged for after her baby boy injested fatal amounts of meth, cocaine

Florida woman charged for after her baby boy injested fatal amounts of meth, cocaine

Miami, FL

A woman has been charged in the death of her 9-month-old son after he ingested lethal amounts of cocaine and methamphetamine. Natalia Munoz-Paulino, 26, faces second-degree murder and aggravated child abuse charges.

The boy was pronounced dead on July 2. A probable cause arrest affidavit details that police responded to a local hospital, where the child was reported deceased.

Upon visiting Munoz-Paulino’s apartment, police discovered a disheveled environment, littered with clothing, trash, and old food. Officers intervened to prevent the boy’s older sibling from consuming baby oil from a bottle.

Munoz-Paulino stated she fell asleep while holding her son and woke to find him unresponsive. However, she provided varying accounts to investigators, claiming the boy had fallen, drowned, or choked.

The suspect mentioned her son had a history of placing foreign objects in his mouth. An autopsy revealed eggshells and feathers present in his stomach alongside the drugs discovered in his system.

The cause of death was determined to be a homicide stemming from child neglect, attributed to the presence of narcotics. Munoz-Paulino admitted to using drugs over the weekend preceding her son’s death.

She remains in custody at the Turner Guilford Knight Correctional Center with no bond and has pleaded not guilty. The boy’s father, residing out of state, reported previous observations of drug use at the apartment.

Suspect caught smuggling meth-laced cow onesie at LAX

Suspect caught smuggling meth-laced cow onesie at lax

Suspect caught smuggling meth-laced cow onesie at LAX

Los Angeles, CA

A man attempted to smuggle methamphetamine-laden clothing, including a cow-themed pajama onesie, in his luggage at Los Angeles International Airport. Raj Matharu, 31, was sentenced to three years in prison after pleading guilty to possession with intent to distribute methamphetamine.

Matharu was arrested while boarding United Airlines Flight 839 to Sydney on November 6. U.S. Customs and Border Protection officers detected an anomaly in his luggage, prompting a search that revealed clothing covered in a white residue.

Among the items found were sports bras, socks, and boxers, along with the cow onesie. The residue from the clothing tested positive for methamphetamine, with estimates suggesting that approximately 71 pounds of drug-impregnated fabric were involved in the attempt to smuggle.

Matharu initially faced a longer prison term, but prosecutors reduced the minimum sentence due to his first offense. They sought a 41-month sentence while his defense attorney requested only a year. The court ultimately handed down a three-year sentence.

During sentencing, Matharu’s attorney stated that his drug use had led him into a situation where he accepted offers to make money. Matharu is reported to be on the Dean’s List in college, and his attorney argued he had learned a significant lesson.

Customs officials suggested the clothing had been treated with a meth solution and allowed to dry in a way that left the drug in powdered form. Matharu admitted ownership of the luggage but requested legal counsel when approached by agents at the airport.

U.S. Attorney Martin Estrada commented on the ingenuity of drug traffickers and the impact of smuggling activities on communities globally. He assured the public that law enforcement remains committed to combating drug trafficking to save lives.

Delaware man arrested after welfare check leads to drug discovery

Delaware man arrested after welfare check leads to drug discovery

Delaware man arrested after welfare check leads to drug discovery

Dover, DE State Police arrested 39-year-old Bradley Buchman following a welfare check Wednesday afternoon. Troopers observed him slumped over in a pickup truck parked in the driveway of a residence on Forrest Avenue.

While attempting to awaken him, officers found a blue wax bag on the center console that appeared to contain heroin. After Buchman was identified, he was taken into custody without incident.

A search revealed approximately 33 blue wax bags totaling nearly one gram of suspected heroin and two bags containing around 14 grams of suspected methamphetamine.

Further investigation uncovered drug paraphernalia and a device resembling a handmade explosive.

The Delaware State Police Explosive Ordnance Disposal Team and the state Fire Marshal responded to assess the situation and confirmed the object was an improvised explosive.

Buchman was taken to Troop 3 and charged with possession of a controlled substance, possession of a controlled or counterfeit substance, and possession of drug paraphernalia.

He was arraigned by Justice of the Peace Court 2 and issued a $4,000 unsecured bond for the drug-related charges.

The Delaware State Fire Marshal’s Office charged Buchman with possession of an explosive device. At the time, he was committed to Sussex Correctional Institution on a $5,000 cash bond.

Two arrested following armed robbery incident in Boston

Two arrested following armed robbery incident in boston

Two arrested following armed robbery incident in Boston

Boston, MA An officer assigned to District D-4 responded to a well-being check at 696 Massachusetts Avenue when a bystander reported an armed robbery at 1813 Washington Street on Thursday around 4:40 PM. The victim, who appeared injured, reported being assaulted and robbed inside a grocery store by two suspects.

One suspect allegedly punched the victim in the head and took cash from him, while the second struck him with a bottle. The first suspect threatened the victim with a small black object that may have been a firearm before the victim escaped and sought police help.

Officers broadcast descriptions of the suspects, leading to the observation of two individuals matching those descriptions near Massachusetts Avenue and Washington Street. Both suspects fled on foot in different directions but were quickly apprehended—one near Shawmut Avenue and Pelham Street and the other close to Tremont Street and Upton Street.

Detectives who later arrived positively identified both suspects on site. They were identified as 42-year-old Jahar Pinkett of Dorchester and 29-year-old Anthony Crumbley of Boston.

A search of Pinkett yielded cash that matched the amount reported stolen, along with a plastic bag containing a rock-like substance believed to be crystal methamphetamine. No firearm was recovered during the investigation.

Both suspects were transported for booking. Pinkett had an active warrant out of Boston Municipal Court for a violation of an Abuse Prevention Order.

Pinkett will face charges including armed robbery, assault and battery, and possession of a Class B substance. Crumbley will face charges for armed robbery and assault and battery with a dangerous weapon.

Both individuals are expected to be arraigned in Roxbury District Court.