Two teens jailed in Camden after being tied to Lindenwold and Dupont Street shooting

Two teens jailed in camden after being tied to lindenwold and dupont street shooting - photo licensed by shore news network.

Two suspects arrested in linked Camden and Lindenwold shootings

Camden County, NJ – Two 18‑year‑old Camden residents were taken into custody after investigators tied them to a Lindenwold robbery shooting that left a 23‑year‑old hospitalized and to a separate Camden shooting that struck an occupied home, authorities announced.

Camden County Prosecutor Grace C. MacAulay, Camden County Police Chief Gabriel Rodriguez and Lindenwold Police Chief Michael McCarthy Jr. said detectives identified Shamil Ceaser Jr. and Abdul Tatum as suspects in both incidents following parallel investigations by the Camden County Prosecutor’s Office Major Crimes Unit, the Camden County Police Department Shooting Response Team and the Lindenwold Police Department. The Lindenwold shooting occurred on October 2 at approximately 11:02 p.m. on the 100 block of Blackwood‑Clementon Road, where officers found a 23‑year‑old male who had been shot during what detectives said was an armed robbery; the victim was transported to Cooper University Hospital for treatment. The Camden incident took place on September 10 when gunfire struck a residence on the 1200 block of Dupont Street; the home was occupied at the time and no one was reported injured.

According to charging documents, Ceaser and Tatum were each charged on October 9 with first‑degree Attempted Murder, first‑degree Robbery, second‑degree Unlawful Possession of a Weapon, and second‑degree Possession of a Weapon for an Unlawful Purpose in connection with the Lindenwold shooting. Additional charges related to the Camden Dupont Street shooting were filed Tuesday, including second‑degree Aggravated Assault, second‑degree Attempted Aggravated Assault, second‑degree Unlawful Possession of a Weapon, second‑degree Possession of a Weapon for an Unlawful Purpose and fourth‑degree Criminal Mischief.

Law enforcement located and took both men into custody in Camden on Tuesday during an operation by the U.S. Marshals Service New York/New Jersey Regional Fugitive Task Force – Camden Division. Both suspects were remanded to the Camden County Correctional Facility. Prosecutors did not release further details about evidence tying the defendants to the shootings; the Major Crimes Unit continues its investigation.

Officials asked anyone with information to contact Senior Detective Jason Roland of the Camden County Prosecutor’s Office Major Crimes Unit at (856) 225‑5125, Detective Matthew Blantz of the Camden County Police Department at (609) 923‑6853, or Detective Joseph Tomasetti of the Lindenwold Police Department at (856) 784‑7566. Tips also may be submitted to CAMDEN.TIPS. All charged individuals are presumed innocent until proven guilty beyond a reasonable doubt.

––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––

Key Points

  • Two 18‑year‑old Camden men were arrested after being identified in a Lindenwold robbery shooting on October 2 and a separate Camden shooting on September 10
  • Ceaser and Tatum face first‑degree attempted murder and related weapons and robbery charges filed October 9 and additional assault and property damage charges filed Tuesday
  • Both suspects were taken into custody in Camden Tuesday and remanded to the Camden County Correctional Facility while the Major Crimes Unit continues its investigation
Scroll to Top