Police say victim suffered head injury; suspect arrested the following day.
TRENTON, N.J. – A 26-year-old Trenton man has been arrested and charged with aggravated assault and weapons offenses after police say he struck another man in the head with a baseball bat during an altercation at a city convenience store earlier this month.
According to the Trenton Police Department, officers were called around 12:13 p.m. on December 8 to the Six 10 Convenience Store on Beakes Street for a report of an assault in progress. When patrol units arrived, they found a man suffering from a head wound. The victim was transported to Capital Health Regional Medical Center and treated for non-life-threatening injuries.
Investigators identified the suspect as Animol Sethi, of Princeton Avenue in Trenton. Police said Sethi fled the scene before officers arrived. Following an investigation led by Detective Vincent Gribbin of the department’s Criminal Investigation Bureau, a warrant was issued for Sethi’s arrest. He was taken into custody the following day, December 9.
Suspect faces multiple charges
Sethi has been charged with aggravated assault, unlawful possession of a weapon, and possession of a weapon for an unlawful purpose. Authorities said the weapon used in the assault was a baseball bat.
The Trenton Police Department emphasized that all charges are accusations and that the defendant is presumed innocent unless and until proven guilty in court.
Police Director Steve E. Wilson credited quick response and thorough investigative work for the arrest. The case remains under active investigation by the Major Crimes Section.
