Judge tells defendant “you’re not going to fool me” after ruling that included sex offender registration.
LANCASTER, Pa. – A Salisbury Township man has been sentenced to up to two years in county prison and an additional three years of probation after pleading no contest to assaulting a woman, threatening her to recant her statement to police, and secretly photographing a young girl.
Judge Jeffrey Conrad sentenced 40-year-old Anthony John Valente, of the 800 block of Skyline Drive, following his November 18 plea to one count each of simple assault, intimidation of a witness, and invasion of privacy. In court, Judge Conrad told Valente that his manipulation of others would not succeed in the courtroom, stating, “you’re not going to fool me and I’m who you’re dealing with now.”
Prosecutors said Valente assaulted the woman in July 2024 at a home on the 300 block of Village Spring Lane in West Cocalico Township. The victim reported that Valente pushed her against a wall or cabinet, leaving visible bruises. At the time, Valente had recently been released from incarceration and was already in violation of a Protection From Abuse order. The victim expressed fear that Valente would kill her once he regained access to firearms after probation.
Recorded jail calls reveal threats to victim
While in Lancaster County Prison following the assault, Valente violated his bail conditions by contacting the victim and her family. Over 25 recorded phone calls—17 of which were directly with the victim—Valente urged her to stop cooperating with police and to claim she had been intoxicated during the incident. In one of the calls, he warned that she would be “screwed” if she refused to comply.
Each call was recorded on the county’s monitored jail phone system and later reviewed by investigators, forming part of the intimidation charge filed against him.
Hidden photos of juvenile discovered on phone
During the course of the investigation, detectives uncovered evidence that Valente had secretly photographed a juvenile female at the same West Cocalico Township residence months before the assault. Investigators determined that between February and July 2024, Valente took screenshots from a security camera feed without the child’s knowledge.
A forensic review of his cellphone revealed multiple images of the juvenile in bathing suits and sports bras, as well as zoomed-in pictures taken between her legs and under her clothing. Additional photos depicted other minor girls in swimsuits at the residence’s pool. An eyewitness later confirmed seeing similar images on Valente’s phone.
Sex offender registration and supervision ordered
As part of his sentence, Valente must register as a sex offender with the Pennsylvania State Police for 15 years under Megan’s Law and comply with all related supervision conditions. Assistant District Attorneys Fritz Haverstick and Ben Baker prosecuted the case, which concluded with the no-contest plea and sentencing last month.
Authorities said the outcome reflected the seriousness of Valente’s conduct and the harm caused to multiple victims, emphasizing continued monitoring and enforcement under the state’s offender registry.
