Buffalo radio host Rob Lederman of 97 Rock was fired Wednesday after making racists comments about Serena Williams Halle Berry and Gayle King.
“I may get into trouble for this,” Lederman in an audio released by TMZ. “I have them [toaster settings] to the attractiveness of women that I find to be attractive.”
Lederman was talking about the darkness level of his toaster and comparing it to skin color of black women in America.
As advertisers pulled their sponsorships, Pegulua Sports & Entertainment parted ways with the host.
“I never saw myself as anything close to even thinking a racist thought,” he said afterward. “It’s just not who I am. So when I heard that, and heard how it sounded, I was like, ‘Oh, my God, that sounds terrible.’ Now, can I take back those words? No. If you listen to them, were they meant to be hurtful? Absolutely not.”
- Two Niagara County Men Forced Undocumented Immigrants To Work At Their Mexican Restaurant
- Former Postal Worker Fined For Failing To Deliver Over 700 Pieces Of Mail Which Included Three Absentee Ballots
- Former Buffalo Resident Pleads Guilty To Selling Crack Cocaine In Salamanca Area
- New Yorker Sentenced in Eastern District of Texas for Nationwide Identity Theft and Fraud Scheme
- $275,000 lottery ticket sold at Sunoco station in Bentleyville
Source: Bleacher Report