WASHINGTON, DC – Detectives from the Metropolitan Police Department’s Homicide Branch are investigating a homicide that occurred Sunday, March 28, 2021, in the 2700 block of Bruce Place, Southeast.
At approximately 1:31 pm, members of the Seventh District responded to the listed location for the report of a shooting. Upon arrival, members located an adult male victim, inside of a residence, suffering from gunshot wounds. DC Fire and EMS responded to the scene and after finding no signs consistent with life, the victim remained on scene until transported to the Office of the Chief Medical Examiner.
This was the second murder in the city on Monday.
The decedent has been identified as 27 year-old Darius Burts, of Southeast, DC.
- Video shows Capitol police giving approval for January 6th protesters to protest inside U.S. Capitol
- Bar Rescue’s Jon Taffer opening new D.C. restaurant
- Joe Biden just pulled the plug on Trump’s American Hero Citizens Memorial Garden
- Suspect arrested for the murder of Dontra Harris
- D.C. mom who threw her dead baby in trash arrested for murder, body not found yet